ACAB (formerly G Floyd) - Tyre Nichols video released, it's bad

Have a humility before truth. that feels good

He should be. But he’ll end up fucking it up like George Zimmerman.

I don’t know who Matt Walsh is and I’m not quoting anyone. I watched that portion of the trial and the judge wasn’t yelling like a crazy person, he barely raised his voice at all. He was reacting to the prosecution violating the constitutional rights of the defendant in front of the jury and risking a mistrial. And reacting to the prosecution mentioning excluded evidence in front of the jury without asking the judge to reopen the matter. It seemed pretty reasonable.

edit: the comedian and actor from Veep? I love that guy actually but don’t know what he has to do with anything and am not familiar with his views on the rittenhouse case.

Jury duty. … years ago I told the court I would never convict anyone because that wasn’t my job. They didn’t put me on a jury of course. … now I can conceive of putting forth a prosecutorial front to get on a jury to then acquit.

I like that a bunch of people in this thread have no context for this.

6 Likes

I think it’s especially prominent for people that can identify with the attacker/predator. “If they can get him that then are they going to get me next?” evokes sympathy.

If he is found to owe them money in a civil suit, his Go Fund Me will make him rich beyond his wildest dreams.

Zimmerman is a muggle of some sort isn’t he? Not a pure blood like Kyle.

3 Likes

It’s interesting that even I don’t fully understand how my moral compass is calibrated. I view the actions of Zimmerman and Rittenhouse as being completely different. I guess it comes down to don’t tread on me. Both Rittenhouse and Trayvon Martin were physically encroached upon in unsolicited fashion. Zimmerman absolutely should’ve been convicted and jailed imo and if Martin were the one who shot and killed him I’d be fine with it (assuming the facts were as I understand them to be)

Trayvon Martin packing skittles. No angel. Rittenhouse with an AR looking for trouble. Just a kid!

2 Likes

Looking back, the Trayvon Martin killing may well end up representing the point where the American right’s celebration of violence against Muslims, primarily abroad, shifted towards a celebration of violence towards blacks and those who stand up against it.

Obviously the former still exists and the latter was always present but at some point they switched places in the hierarchy of things that arouse right-wingers. George Zimmerman would be 10x the MAGA hero if he had killed Trayvon after Trump entered the 2016 race.

2 Likes

Rittenhouse probably follows the Zimmerman trajectory of having 15 minutes of fame and some easy money auctioning off his gun and then continuing his arc of making terrible life choices. A key difference is that Rittenhouse has more money than Zim, so maybe he becomes one of those failsons who continues to fail upward and winds up managing a car dealership or something.

What events led up to him being chased?

Already looking forward to the forum drama in 2030 from repeated allusions to Keed’s defense of Rittenhouse!

2 Likes

Wait Keeed was pro Zimmerman too? Not his usual JAQing off, but actually stanning for Zimmerman?

I thought it was just ikes.

I was trying to be funny but not sarcastic. Like does anyone doubt this is like 50/50 to happen?

Where the fuck did I defend Rittenhouse?

1 Like

Excellent Keed-style response.

2 Likes

Right, I pointed out that you either lied about what I wrote or didn’t actually read it.

Holy Christ, can we just not?

3 Likes