About Moderation

Wrong

Seconded.

hahaha right it was just a happy coincidence that he was referencing a particularly embarrassing episode of yours.

Sour grapes because you canā€™t ban me? A position just opened up.

1 Like

4 Likes

This is an incredibly bad look for the site. The only people who care about rules in this context are those looking to angle them or skirt the edge or whine about them.

Just. Ban. Them. Keep banning them if you have to. This is such a profound waste of everyoneā€™s time, trolls included. Go volunteer somewhere to atone for this shit. The world could use it.

This isnt hard. Stop making this hard.

20 Likes

Do you always grunch this hard? The moderation approach youā€™re describing is exactly whatā€™s happening. But the results are ā€¦ different than what you predicted.

No, theyā€™re really not. The handful of people complaining in AM is not really representative of the site as a whole. Iā€™d guess that the vast majority both have no idea what is happening in this thread, and DGAF. And good for them on both counts. Oh, and hereā€™s a hint for not catching bans: stop posting in this thread! Like 95 percent of the bans arise out of stupid conduct in this thread.

1 Like

No thereā€™s some stupid gentle escalation shit when permas solve this months (years?) long problem. Like oh no it keeps doubling that means the fourteenth time Iā€™m a huge piece of shit Iā€™ll be silenced for a really long time! Thatā€™s crazy! My asshole meter should reset every two weeks!

This is a result of trying to mollify trolls with reasonableness. It makes the place worse. A lot worse.

12 Likes

You canā€™t actually perma anyone from a website. I donā€™t think youā€™ve thought about this very hard.

Me not thinking about this very hard is not the dig you think it is.

2 Likes

It isnā€™t meant to be a dig. Are you trolling me? Iā€™m saying the issue you think is black and white with an obvious solution has more nuance to it than you are implying. If we perma every disruptive poster the site with 40 people would likely have 5 or 6 left.

Your aggressive post suggests you care about the topic. You bragging about not thinking on it is not something I foresaw.

The death penalty permanently solves the problem of the offender committing crime again but states that practice it are still executing people.

Confused?

This is true!

1 Like

That isā€¦ a bad analogy.

1 Like

Just for info doxxing is searching for and publishing private infomation about someone on a public website. If someone has already published that information about themselves on the same website it can hardly be classified as private any more.

Theyā€™re completely within their rights to request people donā€™t use/share that info but doing so isnā€™t doxxing.

2 Likes

I think the disruptive posters on this site is a lot less than 35 and if the site died out due to attrition Iā€™d miss a pretty great collection of smart people who couldnā€™t stop being stupid assholes to each other and move on with my life.

Iā€™m mostly upset about the man hours wasted on all sides when everyone is capable of so much more and better. Wherever that may be.

Iā€™m not trolling.

16 Likes

Just my opinion, but donā€™t be upset about how people choose to waste their time. Thereā€™s just too much of it everywhere. Low-content movies, sportsball, poker-railing, philosophy degrees, and on and on and on.

attacked-rhoc

2 Likes