About Moderation

A post was merged into an existing topic: Endless Bickering Thread

I donā€™t really want bickering in any threads

Iā€™m open to suggestions. I think unlocking the bickering thread is worse, as it serves as a place to continue bickering.

I also donā€™t see a need to delete the posts.

If people really want to bicker, they should just bicker in the normal threads.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Poker News and Live Streams - HU4ROLLZ

fwiw that move made sense to me; i was wondering why you didnā€™t just move it to the poker thread but then i realized that it was mentioning the forum split and that would/could potentially cause a ruckus over there

https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/poker-news-and-live-streams-hu4rollz/4808/6778?u=jmakin

Why is this post hidden? What rule is it breaking?

This is a post that is important to the exchange here, with a member of this forum throwing around baseless accusations of cheating in a game he had no intention of playing.

Itā€™s insulting another poster. Since it was made before the new policy was announced, I didnā€™t silence your account. But I did review several posts that were made overnight in that thread and hid posts that were contrary to the new policy. People can let me know (preferably via flags) if I missed any.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Endless Bickering Thread

Just to clarify, Iā€™m not silencing or banning anyone for posts made last night or early this morning.

I guess you missed the several posts suggesting that 6ix had mental health issues?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Endless Bickering Thread

What insult is there? Sorry, this is an honest, calm response to a serious accusation. Saying another poster is trolling that is actually trolling is not insulting to that poster - it is a statement of fact. If you actually read all the posts in there I really really question your sincerity if you do not find his posting as trolling.

Just look at the post volumes involved here alone.

Calling a poster ā€œsadā€ and ā€œattention starvedā€ and telling them to ā€œtouch grassā€ make that post qualify for the policy.

statements of fact - I see that I am held to a different moderation standard than others. Noted. Thank you.

For the record, I repeatedly brought trolling posts to the moderationā€™s attention all weekend - what I got in response was editing of my own posts, and then when nothing was done over the course of days, responding to trolling in kind is deemed unfit by some set of arbitrary standards - thatā€™s fine, I realize you guys are unpaid, but Iā€™m not really certain how else to post here. If rampant trolling and shitting all over discussions is par for the course now, so be it I guess.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Endless Bickering Thread

Iā€™m guessing the mods hope that some day they donā€™t have to deal with the constant post flags and stuff that the bickering generates.

larry-david-therapist

3 Likes

Itā€™s not so much the flags. I think thereā€™s only so much time and energy people have for the forum. And time spent on bickering and fights takes away from time spent on good posting.

No oneā€™s accusing people of cheating without evidence.

2 Likes

i mean the whole thing is patently absurd and not worth getting worked up about - I certainly am not, itā€™s just really obnoxious to skip through dozens of posts half of which are references to cheating in a game that didnā€™t even happen and clearly wasnā€™t going to happen - it is more irritating than anything else, and I truly do not understand the intent.

Ignoring doesnā€™t do much when everyone insists on engaging or @ing a poster that has muted the poster he is trying to ignore.