About Moderation

Yes, ‘word salad’ denotes that it’s too nonsensical to really derive any clear meaning from. So you have to pick one, either it’s word salad you don’t have the ability to comprehend, or it’s condescending and unproductive.

greedy boy over here wanting to have his salad and eat it too

1 Like

The actual sad part (not to me lol but fairly objectively, and I don’t go in for that faux “that’s just sad” tripe) is that with every post you make you lose more and more respect of the people whose respect you desperately want.

I put the potential salad part in parenthesis just for you.

What? There were a million mind boggling bad bans by cw and potato in the last few months and i overulled exactly zero. I tried to have a grown up conversation with you as to why that is bad, but you are not interested in such.

I’d appreciate if you apologize to me for your behavior but i expect nothing at this point.

No I think I stand by my comment that there’s nothing mutually exclusive here 🫡

dull boy doubles down on dull thought, news at 11

But also, cool.

Who’s your favorite Breakfast Club character?

Who’s your favorite Lord Of The Flies character?

Would you believe me if I said your NMNM invite is right around the corner?

It was supposed to represent the guy who posts thousands of words a day on an internet forum where each one of his posts is him smugly talking down to someone.

You can double-check the pms you sent me if you need your memory refreshed on this.

Ah, gotcha.

Interestingly, the whole point of that sketch is that the character doesn’t post thousands of words or even hundreds or even tens. That’s his entire thing. He replaces sharing actual sincere thoughts, even if those thoughts would be condescending and antagonistic, with empty and generic catchphrases. Anti-thoughts, if you will. In turn this does manifest itself as smugness however, because a central theme of the sketch is that when you share your actual thoughts and engage in actual discussion, again, even if engagement is antagonistic, then you give of yourself and become vulnerable. This scares the character more than anything, which is why he masks himself in a veneer of aloof smugness, because he’s desperately afraid of what might happen if he posted thousands or even hundreds or even tens of words, because not doing so is the only way to ensure a smug pyrrhic victory.

2 Likes

oh shit PM share time

let me dig one up from 2p2 that would’ve shed some light on all this a long time ago

I can’t keep track of any of the drama and almost everyone comes off badly here. Every single person pouring thousands of words a day into this shit is an embarrassment and a thin-skinned loser.

Is there gonna be a new site with normal stuff going on?

There’s a whole site outside of this thread.

Like half the posters left I thought, and goofy’s bots were all turned off cause I guess he left as well? Site feels way more dead now, aside from these very fun threads about modding or mods doing investigations into other mods

1 Like

True story: I used to post on this poker and gambling site called Twoplustwo. It was huge and not only did they have a bunch of subforums about gambling, they even had a whole ton of sub-subforums about offtopic stuff.

In fact, there was even a subforum called About The Forums. Apologies if this explaining this is condescending, but, in the About The Forums forum they talked about the forums. This About The Forums forum was frequented by people who wanted to talk about the forums for any number of reasons. And for those who didn’t want to talk about the forums, they simply didn’t click on the About The Forums forum. It was a genius system and everybody lived happily ever after.

1 Like

If you’re not a Captain or a Horseman you’ve really got no purpose being here so kindly fuck off. It just makes it tougher for those of us trying to settle this shit.

2 Likes

WTF are you on about? This is the top thread when I log in. Literally the very top of the page. You think 2p2 operated that way?

Funny you mention 2p2 because world class moron Mason Malmuth was able to figure out how web forums implement moderation practices, yet this place is doing six month ROTATIONS and other REFERENDUMS on modding

1 Like

This should absolutely appear as a full screen takeover when folks login. This is the site now.

1 Like

Are you not entertained?

Assume I’m biased but here’s the tl;dr version as I understand it:

People really like banning other people, and those people who liked the bannings largely are or were continually embarrassed in these moderation threads because it’s a really bad look for a “left-leaning” forum to be a bunch of authoritarian forum fascists, but, they tried one last attempt to ban a bunch of people they didn’t like an tried to slander a universally loved forum admin, but it horribly backfired, so they made a new site that I suppose is gonna be a carbon copy of this one, just without an About Moderation thread.