About Moderation

Big boy @alex, protip: you gotta wait longer than that to give the ironic like.

1 Like

Iā€™m not writing for you, but

scenario a - a group is trying to ban a few members. those members open a community with very limited participants

scenario b - a group is unsuccessful in banning all the members they want to, so they open a new community where everyone can continue their discussion without those members.

trolly - (i know heā€™s faking it but still):

but whatever, it doesnā€™t actually matter. Itā€™s gone now. GL all.

3 Likes

Is this a resignation post?

2 Likes

@alex that one is good though because it was just one sentence and a short sentence at that, even shorter than this post.

The key is to maintain some, even if itā€™s just a shred, plausible deniability about reading the words in the wordbox. Otherwise the MJ meme hits a bit different.

No, but i am sorry for all the anger youā€™ve been carrying for a year now. It doesnā€™t have to be this way though, we can talk it out. Feel free to PM me. Itā€™s not healthy to hold that kind of grudge.

Still no evidence that CW has done anything wrong. Apologize to him now.

1 Like

I think itā€™s wrong to open a new community while being mod here who actively bans people and have that community invite a huge % of this population.

You think so too.

You donā€™t have to live your life this way. Itā€™s very republican to base your thoughts and morals simply as opposing those you dislike. You can do better. I believe you will.

3 Likes

The ā€œaccuse CW of what people have openly be doing for two years, while already establishing their siteā€ and acting like itā€™s reprehensible is amazing.

Just A+ stuff, the GOP containment thread doesnā€™t reach these levels.

2 Likes

Cuse no longer posts here, so should be demodded.

Simple really.

Exactly. I thought weā€™ve seen peak GOP stuff with the voter ID demands but weā€™ve reached new heights.

1 Like

Iā€™m grunching but is Trolly getting so high on his own supply that heā€™s getting confused and both saying ā€œthey didnā€™t open a new siteā€ and ā€œitā€™s not wrong to open a new siteā€?

LOOOOOL

You and the other 4 moderators are squatters. The fact that all 5 of you were given mod for life powers by a poll that 53 accounts voted in is an absolute farce.

Heā€™s mostly angry at me for banning him for 24 hours after lashing at me for removing a throttle.

A throttle. Weā€™re talking about a 10 minute throttle. I might have removed one throttle. It could be one throttle out of all the hundreds throttles this year, but thatā€™s enough. It ainā€™t about that. Nah, it ainā€™t about that at all. Itā€™s easy to talk about, you just talk about throttle. Iā€™m suppose to be a mod, and weā€™re talking about throttle. Not a ban, not a ban. Weā€™re talking about throttle. Not the ban that we go out there and die for. We talking about a throttle man. We ainā€™t talking about a ban when it matters. Itā€™s funny for me too.

7 Likes

Do you really not see the difference?

(bear in mind I donā€™t think itā€™s reprehensible)

I agree. Itā€™s too bad you werenā€™t more vocal against the people who pushed that. Most of them donā€™t work here no more. They opened a new shop.

The people you hate were the ones who pushed the 6 month term. This is why we should talk. You seem to be very misinformed on the actual situation. Hate is bad.

3 Likes

Whoā€™s going to make the third site for the people that are pre-banned from both of the other new sites?

I donā€™t think thatā€™s precisely it. I think everybody feels pressured to update their software after the OpenAI ChatGPT thing was released, but not everybody is working with those capabilities. So weā€™re left with the Trolly level model.