About Moderation

2 Likes

Please delete this post.

What? The more confrontational would be jbro, marty, fidget etc.

1 Like

JohnnyTruant’s posting definitely got more aggressive as he became more frustrated with people ignoring what he was saying but I wouldn’t consider him a confrontational poster.

2 Likes

Oh that’s my bad. I assumed you weren’t simply othering all the people who left who weren’t captains like you. I honestly thought there was no way you’d be that obvious. Ill set the bar lower next time.

2 Likes

Ikes your only criteria for “captain” is inclusion on yuv’s list. There’s no way like half of those guys are captains by any objective definition. But to be fair that very flexible definition is what is traditionally used by you people.

1 Like

Damn near everyone here is a good person, good poster and should be given the benefit of the doubt in the community.

Continuing to litigate who is and who isn’t bad sucks and I would encourage people not to do it.

11 Likes

lol it’s madlibs wtf am i reading

I honesty dont understand what you want. Someone said goofy was “run off”, maxcut said “captains” were run off too. Soulman asked who. I replied with a list of names some might not even be known as “captains”.

Just take a breather dude.

3 Likes

While this is true, posts like this:

He was posting here and getting into rows on his honeymoon so it’s probably for his own sake he left.

are the biggest reason why we are having this conversation today. I’ve respectfully asked that the poster fix this. Guess we will see how that turns out.

1 Like

My own mental deficiencies clouded my ability to see what was obvious and what this thread really needed.

Next time you think about pressing that rancorous keystroke, think about the fact that J died in a hospital bed, desperately trying to finish his last album, his mom by his side and receiving hand massages to power through immense pain, to love the world one last time.

2 Likes

The other notable point is that while most non-Captains were sad to lose most of the people on that list, the Captains seem uhh unruffled at best about the members they’ve driven off.

2 Likes

Do you think it’s accurate to say “the Captains” drove off goof baller or j man? Seems totally absurd to claim that. No one was more committed to the forum wars bullshit than Goof Baller and J Man, if they’re casualties of the Great Forum Wars then they’re much more like jal and churchill and jbro than microbet or mystery conman. They did it to themselves.

1 Like

We could have had an elonbot. But for some reason which I really dont understand, apparently we were so collectively awful to Goofy that he left.

This didnt seem to result in any pause for reflection.

2 Likes

lol Goof baller acted like a total asshole to certain people, including myself, for literally years. I tried to ignore the guy, with varying amounts of success. Acting like he’s some innocent victim is absurd. But of course the time for reflection isn’t when mystery conman left, or when johnny truant left, or when microbet left, or when rexx left, or nunnhi left, but when one of the most abrasive and combative posters leaves.

3 Likes

The fact that someone who modded here for a while wants to believe that goofy was anything other than a continually abusive and shit stirring poster says it all about the problems here.

But he wrote a bot so let’s forget all that.

2 Likes

One captain most certainly did, yes, and it was because of Forum Wars. But we can’t talk about that!

I’ve been posting with goofy since SSNL days in like 2005, and damn I’ve gotten heated with him more than a few times and made fun of him even more. Describing him as abusive and shit stirring poster is fucking laughable, especially coming from you. The next time you contribute something unique and meaningful to the forum will be the first. The only memorable attribute you have is to stay mad about something like being told your complaint about smell or whatever that stupid shit was is racist. Your ability to hold grudges is the only unique thing about you.

This is true… to a point. Churchill yesterday posted something from a well known anti-vax YouTuber supported by a well known anti-vaxx and anti-Trans twitter accounts.

I don’t see any reason to give him the benefit of the doubt, and that shit shouldn’t be accepted here, but it is because Jalfrezi lied about what Churchill did to the people who want less moderation so he co-opt his complaints about Wookie and the like. It’s fucking pathetic.

Meanwhile, I’m supposed to just accept [redacted] that I can’t even talk about because of [redacted]. Really solid work.

3 Likes

In the mid 90’s, progenitors were dropping templates that would stand the test of time for the next 30 years+. Even as a mix, this fits right in as far as sheer influence.

Equally enjoyed by midwest stoners and uptown professionals. Vol 1 is really good too. Leans into the house aesthetics a bit more than this one.

Play this at your next social gathering; it never disappoints.

The healing power of this immense.