About Moderation

100% I have played a role too and have apologies to make.

2 Likes

I don’t know this reference but I’ll assume it’s calling some version of naive. 🤷

got a reverse grinch situation here where you start as a grinch and your heart shrinks like three or four sizes as the story progresses

He’s a both siding centrist basically.

Oh that Yang.

I’ve had enough side PMs now where I think, at least for my part, I could get to a healthier place with some members, whether it materially solves anything forum wide, doubt it I guess.

I agree. The problem will be if an inch of ground is conceded some complete arse will but in and ruin it.

That’s some shameful shit

I dunno, still think Cuse’s was worse. Both extremely impressive either way. Potato just a dumb dumb, I felt visceral embarrassment on Cuse behalf

2 Likes

I’ll bet you and I are the only ones who clicked yes who have any real beef with each other and I think we could probably sort it out in a couple of three posts. The problem is the most committed on each side won’t participate.

1 Like

Got to hand it to potato. After posting a mea culpa after his first disastrous spell as mod when he admitted banning people though he had no clear idea what for, he then returned as mod and was even worse.

Takes some doing to challenge cuse and wookie for the title of scummiest mod but I firmly believe he’s up to the task.

1 Like

Again this was not what I said.

You said you took another look at some of the bans you’d handed out and what might have caused them (kudos for doing that, anyway) and couldn’t understand them.

I totally get that mods get caught up in the emotional side of forum wars too but that’s another argument against moderation.

Every poor or unbalanced decision a mod makes only exacerbates the problems here.

Thanks for including the PM in the reasoning for reducing AQ’s trust level to 0, potato.

10 Likes

Exactly!

Look at the post that immediately followed it:

It’s deliberately inflammatory and abusive and still got a hatful of likes from the horsemen’s team.

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

You and goofy keep ignoring what happened the next day. Goofy came back. Meb came back.

1 Like

I’d put it like this, for OT stuff it’s like

For Forum Wars it’s like

For some political takes it’s like

But for one thing in particular Ukraine it’s like

It’s not even a beef per se, but just something that’s very hard to get beyond, but also not really at the heart of forum drama, so shrug.

1 Like