About Moderation

You can’t consider the possibility that he just doesn’t want to back the US football team for the same reason, perhaps (I don’t know) that some English people don’t want England to win, which in the latter’s case would be horrible and excessively jingoist celebrations?

I want everyone to remember that rooting against Bama is trolling

3 Likes

new moderation framework

5 Likes

I have rooted against USMNT since the 2006 World Cup, including and especially in the IRL presence of my USMNT-fan friends

It’s fun. It’s not that big a deal. The Iranian players probably wouldn’t personally kill me and y’all are so fucking terrible at ascribing people’s views to their rulers’ actions.

Making this a federal case because it’s KEEED says hilarious things about people

2 Likes

They just haven’t been the same since they lost Donatello

1 Like

Keeed has not been moderated at all. However, someone asking how to ignore him (his profile is hidden, so it’s not as simple as ignoring any other user) had their post flagged multiple times by people who tend to align themselves with Keeed. Someone else had a post accusing him of being one of the Ron accounts flagged for a personal attack, again by someone who tends to align with Keeed on these matters.

So I simply said ok, fine, you guys want me to moderate the people snapping back at Keeed from here on out? Cool, you can have it your way. But he doesn’t get free reign to troll the thread anymore. I’ve basically allowed trolling in the sports threads because talking shit on opponents is part of it. But we all know what Keeed’s shtick is and I’m not going to pretend to be stupid.

If Keeed wants to poke at people in that thread, fine, but they can poke back. If they can’t poke back, he can’t poke. I really don’t give a damn which way it is, so I decided to defer to the people flagging posts - all of whom claim to want less or no moderation, by the way.

1 Like

A guiding principle of good moderation:

3 Likes

I didn’t flag his post. I told him how to ignore me!!!

How the fuck did I troll the thread? Post examples. You won’t because you’re just making this up.

I don’t have any problem with anyone’s posting except you lying about me trolling the thread. By…rooting against the US?

2 Likes

I sincerely hope you aren’t asking a mod to pretend to be stupid.

1 Like

I would never ask these mods that.

2 Likes

You’re not rooting for a team. You’re spending the world cup rooting against one specific team because you want to annoy some posters on an internet forum. That’s the definition of trolling my friend.

1 Like

@Jalfrezi flagged the posts in bad faith and continues to argue about it. It’s a common tactic of his.

1 Like

Your post is the definition of begging the question.

2 Likes

Your definition of what constitutes “bad faith” or “trolling” in a sports thread is risibly poor.

I call it stating an opinion

Right, you think I root against the US because I want to annoy ikes or whatever. I can tell you that I root against US sports teams in international competition because I hate the jingoistic nationalism that’s rampant in this shithole country, an attitude which extends from sports to the US imperialistic war machine. Who’s right? Obviously you know best.

3 Likes

so when does this escalate to the tactical nuking of accounts?

1 Like

I assume I’ll get banned for soccer treason and proxy war treason eventually.

1 Like