About Moderation

Deleting posts and locking threads because you disagree with them is abusing mod power.

It wasn’t gloating and I would have preferred the more appropriate thread but you locked it. The post was on the topic of moderation.

I appreciate your input.

2 Likes

TTHRIC

What does “deleting” an account mean? Also, why did @Surf have his deleted?

All posts and the user are deleted.

Seems they requested it.

Deleting an account is just what it sounds like - the user no longer exists and their posts and PMs are deleted, as well. If they started a thread, that entire thread is deleted, as well.

I have recently granted these requests, just because it seems like the kind thing to do. But it’s actually a pain in the ass, depending on how many posts the user has and how many topics they’ve started. It also really disrupts the user experience here, because deleting posts from within a topic can make it unreadable. And deleting entire topics is terrible, obviously.

So far, I’ve been manually looking up any topics created by to-be-deleted users and changing ownership of those topics to a fake user @ThreadStarter so the topic isn’t deleted when the user is. But that is a one-at-a-time manual process that is an enormous pain for anyone with more than like 3 topics.

Anonymizing accounts, which is both easier and results in a better user experience for everyone else is FAR better.

More discussion here:

7 Likes

How is this not at least a 24 hour time-out for disgusting racism?

1 Like

You’re one level behind. Unless you’re accusing simplicitus.

Ah yes, next-level racism is aktshually just fine, really.

1 Like

Lmao.

Something about the tone of your posts obscured it for years, but now I can never unsee how breathtakingly stupid you are.

2 Likes

6ix was showcasing how mentioning the ethnicity of the customer support representitive is racist.
If you two really did not understand it, i hope it helps. If you do understand it, please refrain from pointless forum warz.

2 Likes

Lol, of course you give ur boi a pass.

1 Like

Yawn. This conversation is beneath the intelligence level I can handle. No trolling please.

1 Like

:leolol:

2 Likes

One of my favorite jokes of all time, if not my single favorite, is a Dave Chapelle bit back on his show during the opening monologue. The way he tells it, he ran into R Kelly at some function and R Kelly was furious about the parody they made about him, and he says, “Man that’s fucked up, how are you gonna make a video about peeing on people,” to which Chapelle replies, “Man how are you gonna make a video about peeing on people?”

2 Likes

This isn’t typical wookie posting, I think they were hacked

Lol @Yuv covered it I see.

On that note I’ll kindly ask for no talk about moderation in the About Moderation Thread please.

Fwiw he could’ve been self-deprecatingly alluding to his USA-centric first-world-privilege. Which is why I just made a joke. That was the diplomatic route imo.

It was the red carpet for a reply like, “Oh shit yeah that sounded bad, what I meant is that he rightfully obviously didn’t care about my trivial USA problems,” or something like that.

Lol imgine if DrAsspain said that instead of scripting the most ridiculous possible reply.

1 Like

Bagels without holes are just bialys.