About Moderation

I guess you missed the several posts suggesting that 6ix had mental health issues?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Endless Bickering Thread

What insult is there? Sorry, this is an honest, calm response to a serious accusation. Saying another poster is trolling that is actually trolling is not insulting to that poster - it is a statement of fact. If you actually read all the posts in there I really really question your sincerity if you do not find his posting as trolling.

Just look at the post volumes involved here alone.

Calling a poster “sad” and “attention starved” and telling them to “touch grass” make that post qualify for the policy.

statements of fact - I see that I am held to a different moderation standard than others. Noted. Thank you.

For the record, I repeatedly brought trolling posts to the moderation’s attention all weekend - what I got in response was editing of my own posts, and then when nothing was done over the course of days, responding to trolling in kind is deemed unfit by some set of arbitrary standards - that’s fine, I realize you guys are unpaid, but I’m not really certain how else to post here. If rampant trolling and shitting all over discussions is par for the course now, so be it I guess.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Endless Bickering Thread

I’m guessing the mods hope that some day they don’t have to deal with the constant post flags and stuff that the bickering generates.

larry-david-therapist

3 Likes

It’s not so much the flags. I think there’s only so much time and energy people have for the forum. And time spent on bickering and fights takes away from time spent on good posting.

No one’s accusing people of cheating without evidence.

2 Likes

i mean the whole thing is patently absurd and not worth getting worked up about - I certainly am not, it’s just really obnoxious to skip through dozens of posts half of which are references to cheating in a game that didn’t even happen and clearly wasn’t going to happen - it is more irritating than anything else, and I truly do not understand the intent.

Ignoring doesn’t do much when everyone insists on engaging or @ing a poster that has muted the poster he is trying to ignore.

IMO the mods should spend more time trying to stop the endless pig piles on people who post different opinions from the bog standard UP approved POV. (And let’s not construct any straw men here about trying to recreate unchained, I’m talking about legit differences of opinion and different viewpoints. It’s embarrassing that Lapka got run off from this site. And probably Keeed too now.)

My post was not meant to be a response to you. My apologies.

1 Like

Spamming aside, T&C and the law.

If you can’t handle someone’s posting content or bad language, put the ■■■■ on ignore.

I agree that it’s bad when contributors leave, and it’s not good to have differing viewpoints shouted down. This seems like a tougher issue to tackle to me, so I’d really appreciate any concrete ideas about how to improve things on this front.

Why did you censor “chap”?

I thought it was sexist.

1 Like

Your position is it’s fine to accuse people of cheating? They should just put the accuser on ignore?

Warning people when they shout down opposing opinions, especially if they’re being nasty about it. Separating derails when they happen, but without derision or demeaning titles on the new thread. It’d be pretty simple.

But that’s not what a large part of this forum wants, including some of your fellow mods. The derision and nastiness is the point. You guys just need to decide what sort of forum you want. There’s a lot of interesting people here that are fun to talk to, but it’s just not worth it if that sort of behavior is tolerated and even encouraged.

4 Likes

In this case no games had been played.

In general after actual game play it depends on what evidence there is. Baseless accusations of cheating after games should probably be met with the widespread disapproval of the community and a retreat and apology. Funny how this hasn’t happened to gman in real life, though.