About Moderation

Subtle.

We have 7 other brand new Rons just itching to start posting (RonFromPhoenix is the one not in the screenshot). The first 2 in the screenshot are less than 30 minutes old so we’re getting quite the influx of “new” users lately, seemingly all named Ron.

3 Likes

FgVkn2pWIAIejAE

1 Like

This account is not jmakin.

You just know it’s not jmakin or you know who it is?

edit

Jmakin is currently suspended.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

very wolfy

I just want to reiterate that, if this space is going to become one where swearing is banned, I will no longer be posting here. Irony, sarcasm, in jokes, “deep track” references, a space for healthy, i.e., constrained, expressions of political anger, including swearing, which is different from an insult (which can be done viciously without swearing at all) have been a huge part of what makes this the best and smartest political discussion community (with a bunch of well known common interests) online. I say this without really reading or following along. Just wanted to express my views.

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s ever been an issue or brought up as a potential issue here.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s not a thing at all, nor do I expect it to ever be. No fucking way.

4 Likes

I don’t think swearing is banned. I’ve just pointed out that mods have consistently temp-banned posters who direct profanity towards other posters in an angry way. It’s always been okay to say fuck Donald Trump or Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders and it’s never been okay to say fuck you to a fellow poster no matter the provocation.

I mean, I basically think the overall tone here hews a good bit more polite than most of the internet, which is just kind of an implied rule for anyone giving a shit about what you’re typing. I think there are circumstances where “fuck you” to a specific poster might be fine, such as where the poster has already done something far, far worse to the person responding, such as making an illegal threat of violence, and repeating that threat IRL. Like… have you not been reading my posts BruceZ? Moderator golf is cancelled. People’s real lives are on the line.

Fine… then I hereby call for the permanent ban of BruceZ.

Historically, that stuff has consistently been modded. It’s not really hard to convey similar meaning while not being banned.

Luckily, I’m not BruceZ.

1 Like

Then I leave you all to discuss this further without disturbing me… :purple_heart:

1 Like

You can bite your thumb. Just don’t bite your thumb at a forum enemy.

3 Likes

Isn’t this referencing old drama, since you created this rule when you were moderator?

4 Likes

Possibly the oldest reference to drama posted thus far unless anyone knows of a 426+ year old one.

1 Like