About Moderation

1 Like

Don’t forget my soft drink of choice

1 Like

i know it means the same thing, it just seems like a weird regional thing. I’ve lived all over the place and never heard it.

Lol Max, tagging me in your crybaby bullshit. That post of mine was about as innocuous as it gets. If Cactus was insulted by it, I’ll apologize for it immediately.

You know what - @cactus, I’m sorry that I called you a maturing Sweet Summer Child. It wasn’t my intention, but that comment may have insulted you.

3 Likes

I’ll have you know that a minute before my post now was the past. Even one second!

Both of those bans are ridiculous. Jmakin was replying to cuse’s post where cuse references the old drama in question. Jalfrezi was talking about today’s events.

Past tense

Ban

3 Likes

grunch

Friday already?

Please refrain from calling other posters crybabies.

1 Like

Friday was last week

sounds like old drama. ftr i’m not at all sure where the line between old and new drama lies

In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday, temporary suspensions and silencing have been reversed. Let us know if we missed anyone.

:vince1:

You missed audit_the_audit

2 Likes

That account is permabanned, although technically I may have set some end date when I made the ban. Based on the user saying he wouldn’t post here in exchange for having a refund of his donations, I think we would need a forum vote to reinstate him.

It’s hard to talk about why this is problematic without referencing precedents and running foul of the “old drama” rule (nice Kafkaesque nightmare created here) but I think others were perma’d and have since returned.

1 Like

If people want to talk about it, you will be safe from “old drama” infractions. But I think the quickest way to resolve it would be a poll. I will abide by the results.

I don’t know what the legal terminology is for applying a law that doesn’t exist.

Requiring a poll for a member to return has never been a thing. It’s just like not letting new members vote was never a thing, and like not letting gimmicks vote if the member has not voted on their main account was never a thing.

My view is that I’m holding audit_the_audit to his end of a bargain that he made, and that I shouldn’t unilaterally undo the bargain. If the forum as a whole wants to “let him off the hook,” so to speak, then that’s fine with me.

I believe there is precedent for using polls to reverse permabans, so you can frame if that way if you like.

Or he could simply start posting here under a new name. There is precedence for posters creating a new account to avoid the critical scrutiny their known accounts would have attracted, two very obvious regulars springing to mind.

1 Like