About Moderation (old original thread)

I don’t think the poll is about Sabo since his is not a self-perma, so you guys may be talking past each other.

Vic, I can’t emphasize enough that I don’t know who this is or what was PM’d. Could be sabo, could be jmakin, could be a drunk David Skalansky for all I know. I’m just reading what otatop is posting here.

Lol, no.

1 Like

I dont think it was Sabo either, it’s just “let’s keep airing this grievance from earlier this week” attaching itself onto this.

I think we should let anyone undo a self-perma.

The PMs are a separate issue to me - if they are enough to ban him, then ban him again. If not then he should be allowed back. The person receiving them can block the PMs. Only reason I would ban new account for PMs is if it seems new account we’re created just to send the abusive PMs (ie user keeps creating new accounts when the person being receiving them blocks one account).

luckiest_man_alive has been permbanned, poll has been closed.

5 Likes

Holy shit otatop is potato backwards fuck me how did I see that?

6 Likes

I don’t remember this at all tbh. Like, go back to the start of this: I initially thought otatop was the one getting the abusive PMs before he corrected me.

FFS, I agreed from the start of this that abusive PMs aren’t okay, I don’t know what Vic is even getting huffy about here.

Voted permaban, but only because of the second part. People should be allowed to come back under a new account after a self-requested permaban because who gives a shit?

With that said if “luckiest man alive” is permabanned for sending abusive pm’s on 2+2 THEN HOW THE FUCK IS SKLANSKY NOT BANNED.

Sklansky doesn’t post here. Who cares. The account banned today was an active user of UP.

Didn’t we already ban Sklansky from UP or am I thinking of Mason? I feel like we had a vote but maybe i misremember.

If people are sending abusive PM’s, especially that abusive, it should probably be an IP ban and not just a permaban of that account. There is plenty of reason to suspect that they might come back on another account and do the same, although I guess there’s nothing we can do to stop them from doing it on 2p2.

Some who requested permaban but didnot request to have posts deleted is a user in good standing and should be able to come back any time. Abusive pms might void that good standing. Then it’s basically a question if those pms are worth a permaban.

Seems it would be important to know the content of these abusive pms.

Posted upthread:

He’s been permabanned, but we all know there’s a decent chance he’s still reading this. To attack his mental health is wrong. I’m not saying you need to be nice to him, given what he said to you (which I called for an IP perma for), but attacking his mental health is wrong.

Self-banned posters should be allowed to come back under a new screen name and mods should do nothing about it.

Behavior on 2+2 shouldn’t matter unless it was derived from activity here, such as an attempt to get around a UP ban.

didn’t jmakin basically self ban to avoid the rfc process here?

I actually think his abuse of admin privileges is grounds for the perma.

6 Likes

So the standard that you think we should have as a community is that it’s ok to attack someone’s mental health if you don’t actually think they have mental health problems?

1 Like