About Moderation (old original thread)

Do people think there is an example of a relatively open politics forum that tolerates any range of political beliefs where there is wide ranging discussion rather than some immediate single purpose that doesn’t have a ton of rancor?

I’m not shifting the goalposts. I’m telling you what goalposts BS was using.

I’m really not sure if Vict is trolling or not. But really 9th level if he is meta debating that 1 school in China = generally a thing people often study as a primary discipline.

Victaor obviously meant Marxism as a primary philosophical filter and he is obviously correct. There are tons of scholars who do 100% of their work within a Marxist framework. They are in every social science and humanity. One of my best friends is a Marxist archaeologist.

4 Likes

Huxley College?

(someone will get this)

Some oblique reference to brave new world I’m not totally connecting?

Nope!

These kind of posts are so terrible. Bad apples don’t spout out from nowhere. We literally left 2p2 and created this site because chez wouldn’t ban like, 3 neo nazi posters. If they were gone, 2p2 politics would have been fine! The odds of new posters coming up with the same issues would have been basically zero! Thinking that would happen here is even more ridiculous given how small this community is!

My girlfriend just guessed horse feathers.

2 Likes

I’d have been thinking Aldous’ grandad Thomas of the famous Wilberforce debates (there’s a college named after him) but nah, I don’t get it either.

It’s obvious what Victor meant, but it’s also obvious what boredsocial meant. I don’t think BS can be criticized for using the more mainstream definition.

2p2 was, at its peak, insanely larger than this place. Moderating a forum that had a yearly NBA thread get ~2 million+ views is different from here.

Haha, I love that she’s more of a film buff than you.

1 Like

Trust me it will be a long time before I live down that she got it before me. :grin:🤷

1 Like

I still don’t understand why you view personal insults as worse than racist/deplorable beliefs. Fly would call people morons, but was as progressive a poster that existed on 2p2. That you view Fly worse than the dozens of posters that said Heather Hayes, Michael Brown and others deserved their fate says so much about you dude!

Fly is a terrible person in your eyes because he was insulting the people who were cheering that Hayer, Brown etc died! That’s fucked up!

I’m not interested in continuing this discussion. Fly is a genuinely bad person. Progressive people can be awful humans too. You seem to think it’s either or. Racists can be awful and so can fly.

Are you talking about the gifs from like months ago? It was a poor response to trolling maybe but it wasn’t hit and running.

There are dozens of 2p2 posters who stole 5 figures from others. At least one murder I can remember. Dozens of racists and neo nazis. There were dozens of people who trolled a woman on the forum into killing herself!

But the second worst poster of all time in your eyes is someone who…insulted the racists.

5 Likes

I mean, the OG political forum dramafight was the first time I was modded when left-wing big government jman220 poorly took on the AC forum and lost. So, you know, life’s a circle I guess.

Who was allowed to post on 2+2 politics by Wookie and I who is not allowed to post here?