About Moderation (old original thread)

It is

so true! thank you!

the mods shouldnā€™t be the ones unilaterally making these decisions on the spot. it is asking too much of them. they already perform a great and necessary service and i want to help

2 Likes

This is a good thread but please pay particular attention to a historical analogy I was trying to drive home in that thread thanks.

1 Like

The vast majority of the community disagrees with you buy keep up the fight. I guess.

The plan is to put everything up for a vote, including term length and term limits.

Right?

1 Like

How often has a mod ever been voted out of the job?

In your words, this is bullshit. In fact there were THREE mods that were followed around and trolled.

2 Likes

Lol my ā€œsideā€ is 90% of the forum membership.

Thanks for not answering. Iā€™ll do the same

1 Like

No oneā€™s going to go back and relitigate this, but they were the ones who kept instigating against the mods from my recollection.

Maybe because things are run here better than almost any other internet community sans a few scuff ups? Most here are completely happy except for those that canā€™t just calm the fuck down and do something besides complain about the mods.

4 Likes

wouldnā€™t it be great to like, have someone else deal with those issues? like, officially? so you can keep the threads readable and just read the threads and post and enjoy the site? and let some other folks handle the part of the job you find unpleasant?

5 Likes

Ban who? What in the ever living fuck are you going on about?

I give a shit about mod protection. I donā€™t believe that it will work itself out. I believe part of the problem stems from not defining a modā€™s role and powers in a way to effectively deal with trollish behavior.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a reason weā€™ve never run a poll to remove a mod. You hit your head on something?

I donā€™t want to speak for KON, but he maybe referring to an ā€œincumbencyā€ bias in voting.

I promise to re-litigate this as soon as I am done re-litigating the 2016 presidential election and the 2020 primaries.

2 Likes

honest q: what would you call these posts, if not toxic?

ya 90% of the people just dropped in and said ā€œlolol didnt read, ban them allā€. liberals truly are the worst.

I mean, wookie is the one complaiining. hes a mod! like reality is really hard.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Come on you arenā€™t even trying to troll well. At least claim we are trying to have them murdered if you are going to make up shit whole cloth.

I literally posted not an hour ago that jal shouldnā€™t be banned and jbro should come back.

you know the absolute worst fucking part of this whole kerfuffle is now every time I get the exceedingly rare NBZ heart I will know that itā€™s just because heā€™s fulfilling his TL3 requirement.

You guys ruin everything.

6 Likes