About Moderation (old original thread)

How about you just summarize it? If you don’t know, it’s okay to say so.

I know alright, I just don’t want anyone to construe it as criticism.

How about you do the work yourself instead of demanding people spoon feed you? You’ll see.

I’m not sure how you’re still missing the point. When I’m scrolling down I’m scrolling past what would have been other content created by the same people. It would have been good but instead it’s unreadable bullshit I have to scroll past… because if I read it I’m going to be getting trolled by proxy.

I have no idea how you’ve spent this much time in the internet over the last few decades without understanding that trolling on the internet is a gas that will expand to fill the size of the available container. I think there shouldn’t be an available container because it’s poison for a community.

It would be really great if you stopped pretending like you had any idea what you were talking about honestly. This communities problems are your ideological children. I’m sorry it didn’t work out the way you hoped. People aren’t the way you think they are.

More good-faith posting from you two, can’t imagine why the mods are fed up trying to deal with you.

2 Likes

It seems to me he began to feel that certain moderation decisions were being made capriciously and/or maliciously and that the concerns he had expressed about that were not going to be addressed.

8 Likes

You had your chance to be the Stalin we needed but sabotaged yourself. The troll in me hopes you get the opportunity to do it and see what the results are.

1 Like

No one mentioned who or how many. I’m sure if you look at his posts from the last couple of days you’ll figure it out eventually.

Thanks

Jbro privately asked to be banned.

9 Likes

Not true.

1 Like

Max prolly meant this poll

1 Like

lol that’s an appalling mischaracterisation of why he left and you owe him a big apology.

1 Like

This is a weird take. A childish act would be to carry on complaining when it was made clear that your view is not welcomed. Leaving is the grown up approach.

Doing so without opening a goodbye thread (in hebrew it’s called slam post, as in slamming the door, not sure what the english term for it) is nearly unheard of.

Edit - you also corrected that take as i was googling unsuccessfuly for a term

Nice. He also complained about being gaslit.

Goodbye.

3 Likes

I wasn’t going to clean up your mess your way that’s for damn sure. The Stalin thing was extremely tongue in cheek, but you hopefully already knew that.

The moderator mandate having absolutely no power to make an actual decision is the whole problem. On almost any functioning internet forum jalfrezi, churchill, and watevs would have been banned a long long time ago… and this thread wouldn’t even exist.

The only reason this place can take shots like this and limp along is that the content quality on the main threads is, in spite of everything, excellent. But that’s why it hasn’t imploded already not why it will last into the future. We’re like a well capitalized business that is losing money. We can keep bleeding for quite a while, but not forever.

5 Likes

Jbro was probably upset about the mods arguing with people and then banning them for “bad faith” posting.

8 Likes

That was a horribly phrased poll and not something that I think provided clear direction for what mods should do.

1 Like

@moderators, what are the options for time duration for temp-bans?

You can take it up with Jbro if he ever comes back. I never offered an opinion one way or the other on it.

Of course this thread would exist, there’s always a new Piggy.

8 Likes