About Moderation (old original thread)

Why do they need to be stopped?

Is stopping them with force really going to end this, or is it just going to make them go harder a couple weeks from now?

2 Likes

It really feels like your heart isn’t in this anymore.

Chad

It’s possible that they enjoy continuing this feud, but I think many others do not

2 Likes

It is profoundly embarrassing to watch and I think bad for the health of this community.

1 Like

Who gives a shit if others enjoy it? Scroll past it. Use the ignore function.

What discussion is being prevented here by those two?

1 Like

We’ve tried not doing anything and the result is them being a perpetual nuisance for over 2 years now.

If that’s criteria for banning people, all we’ll have left is the occasional needle77 post.

How? How are they being a nuisance? Just close your eyes when you see their avatar, lmao

Firstly, I care what users think.

Second, the ongoing feud between factions of posters has larger negative effects that can’t be undone by just ignoring a few posters.

1 Like

Multiple long-term posters have openly said they’ve left because of this neverending toddler shit. Let them abuse each other via pm or whatever, I’m tired of this forum being a part of their kink.

2 Likes

What are those larger negative effects?

Caring what users think, is good!

It’s good for the health of the community if you drive engagement and get people who care about posting.

I enjoy watching it.

AQ, I don’t have the energy to respond to all your questions right now, but I may reengage later. I’m not proposing banning anyone for this.

2 Likes

“This” is doing a lot of work here

Thanks. I feel better, and I’m always much happier with this kind of message than a ghosting or a ghosting + ban.

3 Likes

Oh boy! 107 unread posts in About Moderation, I’m sure it will all be calm, reasoned discussion. Now let me just scroll back up and start reading…

I pretty much stayed away for a while but for some reason certain people kept mentioning my name. Weird!

Seems like a bad idea

No problem.

1 Like

Was it right around the time that you couldn’t help yourself from stirring shit by proposing to get rid of rotating mods?