About Moderation (old original thread)

I was ok with sacrificing myself if you also got banned!

This has always been about rules being applied differently to different sets of users. Always has been, and meb is working hard to ensure that it always will be.

I explained this in my post to you already. My hope was that this will be a thought exercise that will eventually lead to a better modding system. But that relied on it being a new approach and not the same old.

You can disagree with my reasoning (and youd be right, i was obviously mistaken and you were right all along, its not lost on me), but i made a genuine attempt to explain it. It is not what you posted.

1 Like

FYP

FYI, I have returned Churchill and jalfreziā€™s accounts back to their names.

That doesnt make sense. This part of the charade is the weirdest act of yours. I told you iā€™d do it if it will end up one sided. I did not see your ā€œrevisedā€ (ok.jpg) list sent the day before.

Are you really surprised i did exactly what i said i would?

I really wish youā€™d keep our disagreement within logical posts and not whatever you are doing. We can do it together.

He was one of the not so few very normal posters who left when the mess started. i mentioned him before, including to you. No one seemed to care.

Your PM was in response to a message talking about that the community could choose to overturn any ban they wanted. No one was unbanned.

You didnā€™t state it was about sides, and I didnā€™t think of you as being on any side. If I had known that you were also participating in the alternate forum, I might have realized better what your motivation was.

You also ignore where I again asked you to please not overturn them unilaterally and to give us a chance to discuss it when you returned from your trip.

1 Like

If you truly thought that i only care about the process of unbanning and not about banning then i really wish i had that info about your deduction skill when voting for you.

My motivation, which i thought was yours as well, was to limit mods power to do long term bans unchecked. I misread your intentions, which should also make me doubt my own skills on the matter.

And thatā€™s the sort of thing that maybe we could have discussed in private like I asked? And in the meantime, the community might have come to a decision together anyway.

We could or we could have discussed it after i reversed your decision and you could have rebanned them later if we agreed. You are the only one who took irreversible action which is also unprecedented.

Your request doesnt get priority over mine. You seem to address this all from a strange place of entitlement. You are not a super mod and i donā€™t owe you anything for ā€œsticking up to meā€ or whatever you seem to think.

You donā€™t owe me anything, but itā€™s an interesting attitude to take considering it would have been impossible for you to be a mod currently if I hadnā€™t.

Not sure why that is, or where exactly all these discussions about me are happening (considering you claim that all discussions are in the open for all to see), but absolutely no. I would not have modded in a way where i owe you something and should act accordingly.

The fact that you think that shows exactly what i wrote. You consider yourself a supermod and a kingsmaker of sorts.

You were banned and would have been banned through the time for moderator nominations, which would have prevented you from being a mod. I fought for you to be unbanned, then nominated you to be a mod once you were. If I hadnā€™t nominated you, Iā€™m guessing itā€™s unlikely anyone else would have.

Again, you donā€™t owe me anything. But itā€™s weird to have that person I fought for throw me under the bus in return.

I should clarify this for you. There are no secret yuv discussions. Just a number of times people have made one off comments to me over the past couple years.

I havent thrown anyone under the bus. You are not only nuking accounts on your own accord, but now ā€œthreatā€ to leave the forum all together if you do not get what you want. Exactly what you criticized others for doing.

You handled yoursef extremely poorly. Your very bold implies that i should let you run unchecked here because i owe you is a terrible look and not something i will ever agree to. Luckily about 50% of the forum, including various mods, agree with me. Othetwise it would have been fairly scary for me.

All i want is to limit mods power, demod those who abuse it and have you post again as a contributing member of the community. I still have hope this will happen. I had hope this was your plan too, but less so now.

You donā€™t owe me anything. I was just stating that I thought someone who I had done that for would have at least given me the courtesy of having a discussion with me instead of unilaterally overturning something Iā€™d done. Doing so knowing that would only cause further issues. I was obviously wrong about that.

I did not think you are that untrustworthy, no. I was clearly wrong about that, but i will learn from this experience.

https://youtu.be/xidgcMW-LpA?start=2270&

Someone cliffs me on what ggoreo did and why?

Undid his discourse customizations because of mebā€™s bans.

1 Like