About Moderation (old original thread)

Wasn’t Trolly there for like 3 weeks?

Again, I fully support banning Trolly. It seems like a good idea that more sites should incorporate if you ask me!

I have no idea. I didn’t even know trolly was there. I didn’t remove anyone and do not have the power to.

Ok, thanks. It seemed like you knew stuff based on all the posts upstream where you detail exactly how it happened and to who.

Not sure where you got 3 weeks from. I’m not sure how to even look and like meb had nothing to do with it. I got trolled over getting wrecked shorting $APE in April though so no it wasn’t 3 weeks.

I thought he just recently asked to join publicly on UP?

Certainly possible. We are both making some assumptions on limited information on that one.

The person who made those decisions is not actively participating in these threads, so I will not drag them into this. What I’ve stated is based on what was shared in the discord about the names that were removed after cassette quit.

I did not select names to be removed, but my opinion was asked given one of the things shared from the discord was a message I posted there.

My response was that, I consider anything I post in the discord to be semi-public, but I wasn’t sure if everyone else did. I felt that if someone active in the discord wants to share something stupid I post there, who cares? But if someone was there to just spy and cause drama, that would go against the spirit of participation there.

If this is directed at me, I’ve been occasionally lurking there for the past year because I’m mildly interested in what’s going on in the crypto world but I don’t follow day to day trading enough to really comment on anything. Plus I’m kind of a crypto pessimist and I wouldn’t want to harsh the vibe with the kinds of spats that happen in the crypto thread here.

I would suggest that being evasive with your plan here and frsnk about them over at the Discord is what’s causing this bit of drama.

It’s not directed at anyone in particular. It was what I stated in response at the time as a general statement.

Only 3 asked for it. (Maybe only 2)

I see that long time trouble maker Swanky has joined the resistance.

About to make a martyr out of a poster who has 1 post here since February, but suddenly popped up two days in a row to attack me?

I didn;t check my spreadsheet. I guess the Captains must have ran him off.

Keeed’s request was in this thread

My question was with Oust not Keeed.

Ahh we’re back to arguing about the differences between deleting and anonymizing an account with 10 posts!

meb didn’t know it but he actually followed the precedent I set when I anonymized FidgetUK before I was able to delete his account.

I’m not arguing anything. But please deflect from the fact that 2 of the anonymized users had it done presumably against their will. Which was my main clarifying point.

I was responding to your statement about oust.

So you were ok with sacrificing jalfrezi and Churchill so that your enemies caught a ban as well? Makes your vote for Meb make more sense I guess. The irony that I was the most vocal poster effectively campaigning against a permaban of jalfrezi is not lost on me.