About Moderation (old original thread)

Other things aside, he’s becoming a bit of a heart Nazi, but on the other hand now maybe I feel I shouldn’t have hearted suzzer’s first trip report post

4 Likes

I feel that way about virtually every problematic member of our community, with one or two zed-ceptions.

3 Likes

Having had time to reflect, I think this was my issue with being accused of posting in “bad faith”. That term implies some level of disingenuousness or dishonesty. Call me a troll if you want, call me a prick, a “c-word”, hell, call me a misogynist, a trump lover, or whatever else the fuck you want to call me, but I object to being called dishonest.

Edit: Marty - obvs not directed at you, your post just made me think of what I wanted to say and it was a convenient post to which to respond as it was somewhat on the same topic.

The mods have already seen that you’re the biggest shit-stirrer here. Eventually, even sharing their political views won’t be enough to protect you. But you know that already.

You’re about as subtle as a 13 year old trying to hide his boner when the skirt-wearing French teacher picks him to come to the front of class.

1 Like

I’m sure I haven’t been hypocritical. But, you’ve been, well, I think I have an obligation during my term as mod to be at least moderately nice, so… I’ll say ‘out of line’ and, imo, a troll. Your primary reason for being here is to insult people.

Lots of people have attacked you, but lots of people have defended you too and have made efforts to get people to treat you with more respect. At this point that seems pointless.

You’re absolutely right and jman has been stirring shit while you had been on a truce. How about call it even until he stirs it up again? Maybe he’ll get another temp ban or if he evades it it’ll make it look even more like he’s the teacher’s pet, which will be an even bigger win for you!

Perfectly fine with that.

2 Likes

But also, please don’t patronise me with the “bigger win for you” shit. I really don’t care about “winning”, I’m pretty much done posting on this site, not because I’ve been wronged, but because I don’t feel that I should try and shoehorn a group of people who don’t my enjoy my style of posting - i.e. my personality - to come round to my point of view, which seems to be something of a recurring theme round here lately.

I’m not done because of anything that any specific poster did or said, or because I have been denied the opportunity to point fingers or apportion blame - I haven’t, and I have done all the finger pointing I want to do. I’m just done.

Still happy to lurk, but since jman’s posts were directed at me personally, albeit with plausible deniability, I felt that I should respond in some way.

Apologies is that was not part of your motivation, but man, “the mods are treating them better” is sure pervasive, and that’s surely an attack as much as a complaint.

Fwiw, I have enjoyed some of your posting and think you’re about the 10th funniest poster on this site, but then that’s not saying much.

Top ten rankings?

1 Like

Modesty prevents me from doing that.

eta: forgot about the 15 minutes again.

I find those “biased mods” complaints pretty laughable. I haven’t seen any partial mods round here - mods who are not perfect and get emotionally involved, maybe - but mods are just volunteer posters, man - people forget that all the time.

The 11th thing is saying a lot, actually. Right wingers are known for being humourless c… pricks, so if I’m 11th out of all the people who actually have a sense of humour, I’ll take it.

Maybe if I put a whoopee cushion on jman’s chair right before the jury comes back with the verdict, I could break in to the top 10?

Edit: wait, that’s cheating, I wrote all that out and couldn’t post it because of the 15 minute thing, and you changed 11th to 10th in that time! Fuck it, I’m posting it anyway, that took me at least 3 minutes to type.

Tricked you

1 Like

If modesty prevents you from naming the ten funniest, surely good humor encourages you to name the ten least

1 Like

Probably a 500-way tie.

3 Likes

10 d2
9ine
8ight
7even
6ix
5ive
4our
3hree
2wo
1ne

10 Likes

Lift off?

6ix is definitely decent, but whines about bad beats too much, like me. @6ix - wanna repost your spins graph here? That shit was like 60k under EV or something. Homeboy got perseverance.

That, and ending his crusade about schools not spreading covid even though they do, and we’d be fine.

Sarcastic bad faith quips are worse than direct attacks. It’s just the centrists playing around the rules because they know the mods have their back.

Did this really happen today?

Victor posts another of his lolprogs shitlibs posts, others tell him to fuck off, and mods come to Victor’s defense and scold his responders?

I’m old enough to remember when Victor posted many substantive and interesting posts (sans personal attackery) with the occasional asshattery. Now not so much.

1 Like