About Moderation (old original thread)

I have the right to do a lot of things, but I get rightly dogpiled when I do some of them. Having a right and being right are different things.

Oh, and I think we should cancel goofy for his shit take. Seems like something we can all agree on.

I have no clue who Kel was on 2+2 or why he was banned here for 5 months.

I do agree that based on our past history, before someone gets a 5 month ban, there should be some discussion (not saying he shouldnā€™t be banned, just that I thought we agree no permas without some process).

There was no process. At least not any that I saw.

We all want to criticise Putinā€™s repressions. Yet, you guys do the same fucking shit. How are you not seeing this???

At least when you banned that Tumper (which, by the way, I also disagreed with, but it was election time, so I kept my trap shut), you were explicit. I donā€™t like this underhanded shit at all.

I donā€™t want to be part of a community where Kelhus has good standing? Like, the guyā€™s MO is bad faith and unfalsifiable bullshit in service of gender inequality and anti-LGBTQ rights. Heā€™s perpetually in violation of the rules we ratified at the founding of this forum. Mod must have the authority to band for that.

You heard of due process?

Iā€™m clearly asking the wrong person, but, just for one second, have a little think about that.

What rights does Kelhus have that we have violated?

What you did there, is you acted as a procurator. I donā€™t see anything offered in defense. Why? Because you silenced the only guy who could defend himself, and then proceeded to prosecute him in absence.

This is why we have constitutions.

OK, what process was violated?

Well, not to put to fine a point on it, there is clearly no ā€œprocessā€ for banning people for multiple weeks or months here, as you are well aware.

For all the fucking bureaucracy you guys put together, itā€™s amazing that a random mod can just ban someone for 5 months without any push back.

It is standard, not amazing, that a mod can do that. If you think otherwise, we have a due process for changing it.

Why is there no entry in the mod log?

1 Like

Isnā€™t that part of the process?

Not codified IIRC, just something that pesterers have pestered the mods into doing.

Oh, OK. Making an entry in the mod log isnā€™t codified. Cool story, bro.

The moral of that cool story is that there has been zero mod malfeasance. And we all lived happily ever after.

Cool fable, bro.