About Moderation (old original thread)

really galling when people are dishonest about their real identities!

sure thing mj

1 Like

lol I had ā€œformerly mjkiddā€ as my undertitle for like two years, which is why you know that was me. But sure guy.

Heā€™s not your guy, friend.

1 Like

look buddy

1 Like

Yup. Not doing this. Take your bickering elsewhere.

Which asshole is this and why hasnā€™t he been permaā€™d?

3 Likes

Whoever has created a gimmick account to admit to creating an account posing as jman, which was of course done entirely to cause bickering and drama, so that they could use the new account to show a PM from a mod to create more bickering and drama should not only be permaā€™d, but mods should check the IPs and out the primary account so that the community knows whoā€™s sowing discord like that and can take that into consideration for future mod actions and voting decisions.

Like, I for one, would never vote for that person to be a mod knowing they did that.

1 Like

Why do people think this is an infallible way of connecting accounts?

It isnā€™t.

Even outwith VPNs or anything ā€œsophisticatedā€ like that, any time you connect your device to a new WiFi network, you will get a brand new IP.

MAC addresses are much more reliable as they uniquely identify the network interface on the device, but a thin client such such as this canā€™t capture those, unless it runs some sort of surreptitious script to interrogate the hardware on the client device. The Stars client was known for doing shit like capturing MAC addresses, querying other running processes, and even taking screenshots, for example. But to do that, it needs to run as a fat client with local admin (or similar) rights.

Itā€™s someone with a distinctively British way of writing ā€œsportā€ instead of ā€œsports,ā€ and hateboners for jman and ikes.

Which narrows it down to like three or four posters.

Not me, guv. I like your detective style though, I too am a fan of using linguistic fingerprints.

1 Like

No IP matches.

Yeah the problem here is moderation, not the bitches who do this kind of stuff because they canā€™t come to grips with their own existence.

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of the opposite direction, i.e. no match != different user. I hadnā€™t even thought about your point of match != same user.

1 Like

d2 seems very sus, Iā€™m keeping my eye on him.

1 Like

Letā€™s drop the speculation/accusations about who the account was. All that is going to do is create drama when/if those posters return and feel the need to defend themselves.

Sounds like it was JonnyA, just sayin.

5 Likes

Looks like Kel got a 5 month ban but there is nothing in the log about it?

@moderators, any comment? The reason for his ban says ā€œwrong placeā€.

I hope I am not part of a community that bans Kel for being Kel, and surreptitiously to boot.

As a person, there are few people I could give less of a fuck about than Kel. But, I do care about the principle.

I mean, unstuck has the right to construct its forum the way theyā€™d prefer. Or the poster stepped on RGBā€™s grave. Goofy is correct here, I thinkā€¦