About Moderation (old original thread)

Do you think Ikes post just above is worth a temp ban? Because I would much rather someone tell me directly to get fucked than to snidely say the same thing to the crowd as though I’m not even here.

2 Likes

Do you think “go fuck yourself, asshole” is appropriate posting for this forum?

What do you think about “cock”?

1 Like

Stop deflecting.

How is that deflecting? This is the About Moderation thread and we are talking about acceptable community standards.

Do you think “go fuck yourself, asshole” is appropriate posting for this forum?

There is literally nothing I can say to this attitude. I hope you find a way to stay here.

I’m with jbro. Consistency is the key. We should either ban Marty and Ikes for a day or just let both go. Ikes’ post is much worse, so imo so this is what leads to some of the feelings of bias.

To be more direct, I think both posts are fine.

2 Likes

CN’s post (get over calling him Ikes seriously) is in no way worse. You guys are seriously way too caught up in a grudge when you think someone posting a meme gif in response to a post calling for a mod to take a one week ban is equivalent to someone posting repeated personal attacks.

Marty’s posts were out of line, I told him they were out of line and that he needed to cut it out, and he didn’t and ended up eating a ban for them. It’s not the end of the world.

2 Likes

Even you don’t believe this. Calling for wookie to ban himself is absurd, and posting a gif of Oprah shrugging is nowhere near telling someone to go fuck yourself asshole or whatever nonsense Marty said.

Personally, no. I don’t think cock is either, but if the community thinks it’s ok (which I can only presume it must be since a mod interceded in the conversation without modding its use) then I may choose to use it myself.

I’m going to try to give this a rest for a while and disengage. Per Kerowo’s law, that means that people should stop addressing my points now or I will have no choice but to continue engaging.

1 Like

The thing is, there is no fact of the matter about which is truly worse. I’m telling you I find smug dismissal that plays to a crowd much more offensive than being told to get fucked. You’re telling me the opposite. Let’s not pretend choosing one over the other is some kind of objective truth.

5 Likes

Well, you’re pretty clearly in the minority here. I don’t know what to tell you. Either you accept that this isn’t what the community here wants or you endlessly try to whine and litigate when people catch bans for saying “go fuck yourself.”

1 Like

Good for you.

Alright. See you later.

This is why we will need to create community standards. I will tell you, what you obviously already know, that what I am stating is far more consistent with the standards of online forums than what you are attempting to argue to obfuscate the issue.

1 Like

The words “get fucked asshole” don’t just pop out of people’s mouths randomly. There’s either respect or there’s not. Goofy is at war with marty. So, yeah “get fucked asshole” should certainly be banned if it’s out of the blue, but if a fight, with no mutual respect, is already underway, banning the person who said it doesn’t help the culture. It just makes sniping in the way NBZ is talking a strategy that avoids bans.

9 Likes

Posting “Good for you” out of the blue as a one liner is pretty insulting to someone who’s clearly arguing in good faith.

Personally I find that more insulting than Fuck you because it implies your opinions are of no importance whatsoever, whereas Fuck you sort of does the opposite.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

Cool story.

Lol, coming from you? Everyone, I’m sorry I wasted your time talking to him.

That was a fine contribution.

Why don’t you people just stop!

200 new posts? Maybe something’s resolved? Nah.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Fuck off asshole!

8 Likes

So, you continue to deny that calling someone a “fucking hypocrite” is a personal attack? See, this is why no mod wants to bother to write up essays to allegedly placate the bullshit demands of the aggrieved. It’s just busywork that doesn’t change anyone’s mind.

1 Like