About Moderation (old original thread)

The only way a reset happens is if you and the little clique you’re part of accept the things they’ve been whining about for months. Is that going to happen?

1 Like

Don’t take the bait all.

It’s alway a projection.

4 Likes

This thread should never be throttled. It’s antithetical to community modding.

6 Likes

2 week ban.

Somebody’s got the hump.

Pathetic.

Which specific rehashing are we talking about?

I was always the main cheerleader in ATF because I could get away with saying outlandish shit to and about deplorable types, shit that might be unbecoming, uh, coming from MrWookie and other distinguished gentlemen.

I was also at the receiving end of the most abusively ridiculous incident (note: not “harsh” or “terrible” but thoroughly ridiculous) the P forum has ever seen, so Johnny might be inaccurate with the specifics but the broadstrokes are largely correct: there’s always been a lord-of-the-flies bullying the ‘outsider’ aspect that’s kinda gross. It’s just always been veiled because the outsider being bullied were deplorable as shit so it worked out neatly.

(We don’t have to talk about the incident but to get an idea, it resulted in the unprecedented action of MrWookie deleting pages of post on the last day of the month in a monthly LC thread that was about to be closed. Turns out, when the guy who was always front and center in ATF defending the forum and saying it’s not a bunch of bullies looking for a victim, then becomes the victim for an imaginably ridiculous reason, it’s kind of a bad look!)

I was serious; I brought up an incident from a while back but I was not looking to rehash that.

The answer to all of these disputes is just let it go. None of it matters anyway. Even if you are 100% in the right, getting mad about getting temp-banned from an Internet forum is just silly stuff. Breathe, let it go, and move on. Make peace and allow yourself to focus on more important things in life.

8 Likes

@PocketChads doing gods work lately. Keep it up.

6 Likes

Are there only two active mods these days? Regardless of this on going mess, shouldn’t we “recruit” another one to offset the load?

lol who in their right mind would want to mod at this point

2 Likes

We are having a discussion here. See if we can hash this all out one last time. I believe we can!

https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/moderation-uncha-er-unthrottled/5275/59

I enjoy this forum and i feel there’s too much “this place is terrible/ruined” whenever there’s a disagreement.

14 Likes

jmakin,

I appreciate everything you’re doing for us here. Until we can find a replacement, please just try to let stuff go on here for your own good. Stick to topics that you know are enjoyable for you and try to not even read this topic or some of the ones that are causing you more stress right now. If someone says something stupid trying to provoke you, ignore them.

1 Like

What we really need is an admin guy.

One thing I will mention on this topic. We currently have a discord made up entirely of people from this forum, but there’s no political talk as it originated from the Topshot discussion. There’s zero moderation required and the discussion is 99.9% civil. I’m responsible for a part of the 0.1% because a discussion triggered me for whatever reason one day and I lost my cool. But it was quickly resolved and forgotten.

I point this all out to say that at the end of the day it’s about the users and not the moderation. If a forum’s discussion is full of drama and toxic behavior, it’s the users fault. If the users are civil, a forum has no issues that require moderation and no drama.

5 Likes

Friendly reminder that the subset of the forum who are always eating bans aren’t some anomaly that can be fixed; these folks are here because they enjoy fighting with people on the Internet.

6 Likes

Oh believe me, i’m fucking out

1 Like

But its a really dumb point? If you went onto a video game forum and just talked about how dumb video games were, you’d be an asshole. It’s the same with every other topic.

1 Like

Victor,

What is your goal with these posts? This reads like three posts in a row with no purpose other than to shit on other people and the forum as a whole. If I’m misreading and there’s a more positive reason for them, let me know. But If that is your goal, then they probably don’t need to be made. Unless you’re purposely just trying to be disruptive to the forum and ruin other’s experiences on here. In those cases, I believe our moderation team should move strongly to remove those users permanently regardless of history or who they are.

It’s not about an echo chamber, but about being willing to discuss in a manner that is positive to the forum.

3 Likes