About Moderation (old original thread)

Ban everyone who is on 10 or more people’s ignore list.

2 Likes

Victor is in the crew.

But also any time you’re banned just threaten to quit the site and you’ll be fine.

i don’t think it was even close to being ban-worthy, but i’m also a fan of backhanded compliments. also victor yelled at me for a while so i guess i’m anti-crew now.

or post under a gimmick whilst banned? used to be a perma unless you’re called cuse

That’s a fake Riverman though

3 Likes

Don’t quit RM, I love your posts!

Didn’t see the post and don’t know if I agree with the ban or not but I liked PC’s post about his rationale. Getting a short ban shouldn’t be that big of a deal.

1 Like

I think only one poster fits this criteria.

1 Like

All posters shouldn’t be treated equally, in my opinion. When was the last time Riverman was warned or temp banned? I assume it is a rare occasion. A high quality poster that helps make this site what it is should get different treatment than someone that mostly posts low content posts.

1 Like

The problem is too many people equate “good poster” with “person I closely align with politically” and “bad poster” as “person I don’t closely align with”.

Therefore, you can be the most open to debate, adding sources, good faith poster but if you don’t align with some people you will be a “bad poster”.

You can also post only insults, never post an article or news source, never make a post longer than one sentence and only post to call out people but if you align politically with some you will be a “good poster”.

1 Like

The # of regs and longtime members that have Victoar on ignore is why I think Riverman’s original comment that Victoar is an “objectively” awful poster is true.

2 Likes

The ban is dumb and feels like a petty tit for tat. Don’t quit, tho, RM. Your venting feeds souls.

1 Like

I don’t read every single post here, nor the moderation thread. Lately I barely read anything here at all. I wasn’t even aware that you were banned. I was alerted to this ban by someone who messaged me.

This is a really unfair charge you make because I think of most posters on this site I have demonstrated very little or no bias towards any group or person.

Even if you think all posters SHOULD be treated equally, Riverman’s ban doesn’t fit that either.

Would someone be banned if he/she said “Churchill, an objectively horrible poster, has posted quite a lot of nonsense in the COVID thread today”? I assume not, since people call him similar things in that thread all the time.

What’s the difference between that and what Riverman posted?

1 Like

Everybody chill…Riverman is a good poster. Chads is doing his best. A one-day ban is no big deal.

1 Like

I don’t think anyway is mad at chad. He asked that we debate the ban so we are debating the ban.

1 Like

Yeah Chad’s is fine. He’s volunteering to do an impossible task. You couldn’t pay me enough to be a mod.

1 Like

I’m reading screams about biased modding being directed at him, but maybe I’m not reading the room.

I dunno. Whatevas and Victur go around calling people vile scum or what not and get coddled and (eventually) a ban, but then also as soon as someone points out that they are not good posters they get got too. Seems like it’s appeasing something, but I’ll withdraw the comment cuz it’s based on nuthin but feels probably.

5 Likes

We should make a thread where everyone posts their good posters and bad posters and then anything outside that thread is a ban.

3 Likes

The Airing of Grievances thread is much needed imo

1 Like