About Moderation (old original thread)

I believe the phrase you’re looking for is “tyranny of the majority”.

Anyone who wants to is free to start a Keeed for mod RFC.

Why shouldn’t those people have a home here?

I prefer the phrase elective dictatorship, but thanks anyway.

Smacc… That should end it… Hopefully. Its all been a big misunderstanding wrt RF and her duties when she specifically asked to be a banner Mod only and got brought into the Main forums by posters asking for her and was never meant to be a full time Mod.

MrWookie below…

It seems that MrWookie thought RF was Infact a banner Mod Until he checked his notes, alough I’ve no Idea when that was, could of been when RF took some time off or today :man_shrugging:

So is it implausible for me to think that goofyballer also thought as I did as I seen no reasons to think otherwise at that time to then ask goofy to clarify tonight the above ’

“Let me get this right” is what I posted… In no way did I put words in your mouth and posted to ask you to clarify, what I done was read a post of yours

And asked you to clarify as I thought you were being rude to cassette about this post…

So to stop any misrepresenting or misrepresentation I asked you…

And you…

And my post was all about when I was a Mod, so I was not sure why you were saying “when you stopped being a Mod”

So I asked you if you thought, like I did & Wookie did…

I did not put words in your mouth period. If anything I put words in my head and thought to ask.

This is why I believe that the “Friends” you stated I have in a post (will I dig that out too, or was It Wookie) anyways you or Wookie but both wanted to divert a discussion on a minor point that has no real relevance to the subject then misrepresent me into a group, friends group, accuse me of lying, all for coming into the thread to back up no-one in particular and as a former Moderator.

Hence the I have no friends here comment, that was sarcastic as I’m sure I have Atleast one, maybe more.

The agrumental nature of the both or the just let me get this misrepresentation in itselfs is detremental to the forum as a whole, the constant I’m under attack is getting boring now and I have patience lol, I drive a taxi a night ffs, its annoying, you may be right 99% in the posts you layout, but the overall picture imo is why JT has decided to ask for different modding representation and I’m sure some will follow, it may seem wrong at 1st, it may never seem wrong and even if it fails, believe me it’s needed and not only I, but others may see this and come along and alough you may never read this, or anyone else, I truly believe the space between my politics and yours will have to meet up at some point for the world to be a better place, but we’re tired and overworked, so at some point people from both of your spaces (the highly educated) will have to fill that void if we ever have a chance at a better world.

:beers:

Goodnight :v:

2 Likes

I didn’t interact with RF a lot, but I skimmed some posts (sorry) that leave me with the impression that she would be quite uncomfortable about being brought into this to this degree.

5 Likes

I agree. Leave Risky out of this discussion.

2 Likes

Hmmm… Well not to give more fodder for nitpicking, but… A lot has happened. I don’t blame anyone for not remembering things exactly as they happened. My memory and Ctrl+f skills are not perfect either.

I was modded for banners after a public discussion and vote.

I took on a more involved mod role after, again, a very public and protracted discussion with the most vocal posters.

I banned CW similarly–after a long and very public discussion on this forum. The posts are all still there.

Idk what else I’d want to say that some of us didn’t already say in this thread.

It’s been six months since I took a more active mod role (lol at being AWOL for four of those last six months). I have no intention of being active here again in the current climate. Just not a good fit for me and how the style of discussion here affects me.

This place doesn’t need to shape itself according to my needs and preferences. Love you all, even the people on my ignore list. I don’t need to like you for you to still be okay with me. You all helped me through a very difficult last four years.

I rescind my mod powers. @moderators please remove all traces of the super soldier serum from my blood.

13 Likes

Risky, I hope you’ll reconsider and continue being a part of this community in some fashion. The movie nights have been great.

6 Likes

c.

2 Likes

Can someone post a list of users that currently have mod powers?

MrWookie
skydiver8
PocketChads

https://unstuckpolitics.com/groups/moderators

Are those really the only 3 currently? For some reason I thought there was more.

I believe this point has been brought up many times, most recently 6 hours ago

and as early as a few weeks before Biden’s inauguration

Interesting, because he was in the middle of sending me unsolicited trolling PMs. It literally was ‘I am trolling’

I cannot fathom how you could possibly write something like this in good faith… and now we have long set of documentation showing it never was in good faith.

Me too.

Victor was blatantly trolling the fidget thread with something of a heckler’s veto, which he admitted to Trolly via PM, and which he gave Trolly explicit permission to report and share.

Even if you don’t buy that jal was tipped by fidget about the vote stuff, he’s the biggest bad faith shit stirrer on the forum who deserves it for his body of work.

Keeed was, in his own words, eager to get his haters mad by tearing up this forum after having been caught involved in a covert campaign to ruin it. Like, how blatant does the wolfing have to be?

2 Likes

1 Like

looool wat.

Easy there, shooter. I just let you back in.

1 Like

Stuff like this makes me think I could say the sky is blue and I know 4-5 people who would disagree on this site and they could convince another 2-3 they were arguing in good faith.

8 Likes