About Moderation (old original thread)

What you are talking about has a name: mediation.

We could attempt to do a remediation of whoever the both happens to be re: whatever they are getting stuck on, That would be cool, and I’m up for it. @clovis8 might have differing opinions.

There’s a big caveat however

We’ve never done one before. The (only) purpose for the remediation to be in that thread in particular would be to serve as a learning exercise. If these two folks are :“live”, as in they are actively all really, really bitter at each other, then being used as a teaching moment might be pouring gasoline onto a fire.

2 Likes

I think we both might’ve realized the hard way that might not be true but hopefully not and everybody might just be on edge, myself included. It’s been a rough year and some.

It was a joke/observation that was meant to be less than flattering to other people, that they won’t care unless it’s one of the big isms, and that this thinking has been ingrained into all of us subconsciously. It’s been my whole theme of my posts in that Rogan thread and the Amazon thread.

But I’m not a maniac so I see how it could read like I was deriding you doing something as “a way to get attention” but I also said in the post it was of the worst of slanders and insults (a fascist baby killer for being Sophie’s Choiced into conscription under penalty of prison holy fuck) so I wouldn’t think that even if I framed it as “a way to get attention” I’d be saying that’s a bad thing (just the language of “attention seeking” has the built-in implication that it’s an issue not worthy of attention). If you know I like and respect you why not just assume I’m on your side and if it sounds like I’m not, then,

make a snarky comment that I didn’t work hard and am a shitty writer who needs to workshop his posts.

But yeah, it’s my bad, I was the one who revived a settled issue and I should’ve been extra careful and not tried to shoehorn your issue into my thing.

Nah I think it’s good.

1 Like

I really can’t imagine a better thread saver,

{ the nut low of analogies incoming }
Right niow, I’m trying to convince folks that hand histories can be useful. At the same time @trolly is at the table. And we got six players walking
{ ok, it’s safe to start reading again }

ETA:

Damn it. That sucks. I can’t buy a break here.

1 Like

How about somebody doing a remediation: 6ix -vs- Sabo.

Shove that :heart: where the sun doesn’t shine asshole !!!1!

ETA: 6ix -vs- Sabo is a pretty good band name too,

3 Likes

I was trying to find some of that Victoar bullying and was horrified:

By God ■■■■■■■ that man has a family.

Actually, the fun game is trying to find a single time Riverman replied and engaged with ■■■■■■■ about anything, and the super fun game is trying to find when Riverman replied and engaged with anybody about anything (I guess outside of lolstonks and lolsports).

5 Likes

Excellent detective work. Thanks.

lol now that mf hates me

That ignore feature letting you down again?

1 Like

No, I was being serious. Thanks.

1 Like

The continual wilful distortion of others is a special feature of the wing of the Dems that’s GOP-adjacent (and in many cases used to vote GOP) that’s been learning tricks from Donnie boy.

1 Like

No, you weren’t, but I have another question considering you’re here and this is the hot topic:

Can you make a succinct post describing why you don’t like me that doesn’t involve the words “support” or “Bernie”?

1 Like

I mean constantly repeating an exaggerated lie doesn’t make it true.

I don’t dislike you. I don’t really know much about you one way or another other than that I think you’re famous for coming into threads way late and doing something like a post-mortem commentary. (If I ever had you on ignore, maybe that was the reason? Not sure; I definitely ignored a few people but in the end decided it didn’t improve my experience here, despite what I may have preached. I guess everyone is different when it comes to that). Happy to chat more by PM.

1 Like

Risky Flush is back?!

Shit, ban Riverman again. Maybe @GrittyNHL will come back.

3 Likes

Request for perrmaban, please. I don’t need the 2 weeks. Both accounts.

Thanks

7 Likes

You’re really going to gaslight in the About Moderation thread. That’s wild.

I’m really wishing you and @MimosaDef can get into a good old bitterfest, complete with silly name-calling, concern trolling re: the imaginary lurkers, and performative threats to quit the site.

If there is anything I can do to instigate such a slap-fight, please, do not hesitate to let me know. Just @-ing me or shoot me a PM.

I wish you the worst of luck, TYVM

6 Likes

I mean, like he legitimately makes a nice post about you, compliments you, invites you to discuss it further via pm, and this is your response?

I’m wondering if there are spots where a temp ban of only a few hours is better than a day or if that just gives people time to get drunk and come back ready to fight.

1 Like