About Moderation (old original thread)

It is here, you call someone a Brit in the UK its a bigitory statement.

Thank you & thanks for coming in so soon. I appreciate that. :+1::hugs:

I edited the original post. You are welcome.

1 Like

I was surprised when I learned spaz was a actual slur in the UK, but was able to find plenty of sources to back that up quickly. I’m unable to support your claim, can you support it now?

This is true. Someone else in the thread (or maybe one of the other threads, I’m not sure) earlier used the term and I just copied it. I like Jalfrezi & his merry band of trolls better anyway.

Do you have to use the actual word, c***?

Brit is such a serious slur that jalfrezi uses it:

2 Likes

Lol, so I just searched “Brit Clique.” It’s been used four times. The poster who originated the term “Brit Clique?” Yeah it was Jalfrezi. However, I have always felt that words that offend people shouldn’t be used, so I will stop using it, as indicated in the thread. If someone asks me to stop using a term I will assume good faith unless shown otherwise.

2 Likes

That’s not what it says.

It’s a particularly uncommon slur used in scotland and parts of Northern Ireland & used to describe the British Army and is used more by Catholic people in particular, if it makes any difference I do not allow my fellow celtic fans to get away with the usage either.

Yeah, I’m not using it anymore, I like Jalfrezi & his merry band of trolls better anyway. The “this is true” is referring to the fact that the one and only time I ever used it was in that thread in that very post. A search of the phrase indicates that Jalfrezi originated the term. It was used twice by him. Then it was used once by Caffeine, then once by me.

Context is important and when a British person says ‘Brit’ there’s nothing I can say about it, well because he’s British.

An American though is different and when a Scottish or Irish Catholic uses it its regarded as a slur, imo.

1 Like

I’m sure this is super serious and good faith.

Question, if you don’t let anyone get away with this slur, can you explain this exchange? You strangely say nothing about jalfrezi using a slur!

I’m off to get my Jab… Laters Ikes :+1:

Oh see above wrt your last post. Thanks👌

1 Like

I wouldn’t use the word ‘Yanks’ because we also see it a slight

My point was that Jalfrezi originated the term “Brit Clique.” Not that he just used the word “Brit.” But now that you have pointed out that Jalfrezi was using a racist term, as indicated, I will not use it.

If he’s British, then by default hes not being rasict, no?

In facts that’s been proven in court here, so British people can and will through around the word 'Brits.

Man weird how you stayed silent here:

Not sure if I’ve ever seen more of a bad faith complaint. You’re mad at jman, at least be honest about it.

I disagree. Use of a racist term, regardless of whether you belong to the group that the term denigrates, is still unacceptable. And, I have no idea whether or not he’s British versus one of the other ethnicities you’ve mentioned like Scottish or whatever. But again, my point continues to be that I didn’t originate the term, and I will stop using it. Good luck with your jab.

This discussion should end as the issue has been resolved.

I will only add that there appears to be some confusion over race, ethnicity and nationality. They are not the same and conflating them leads to confusion and misunderstanding.

1 Like