About Moderation (old original thread)

Jal said something very much like “if anything there’s a stereotype that Chinese are good scientists” obviously as a counter to the supposition that saying Chinese labs are leakers is racist - like that’s saying Chinese are bad scientists - like the opposite of the typical racist stereotyping.

That is absolutely not what he said, which is why you need to give us the full text of what you deleted. Jal said that the lab leak hypothesis promoting racist tropes doesn’t make sense, because the if there is a “racist trope” about Chinese scientists, it is that they’re good.

1 Like

Latest round was Keed a few days ago. He led off with it likely came from a lab, followed up with scientists wouldn’t see it or cover up if it was from a lab, and more nonsense as illustrated just a few posts upthread. Jalfrezi jumped in on this.

If that were his exact words then the ban should be reversed immediately. This was not “naked racism”.

“When I said the racist trope is that Chinese people are excellent scientists I meant they are no more excellent than other nations, obviously, not that they are less good than other nations, but it got pounced on by wookie again.”

This is quote from jal.

1 Like

Fine

1 Like

Saying that is naked racism is outright defamation.

7 Likes

Willful or reckless.

1 Like

This is some bullshit

1 Like

:ok_hand:

1 Like

Yeah this + I’m almost sure Jalfrazi did not start this Chinese lab thing itt.

1 Like

In this or any thread, I started it in the Covid thread and jman started it here.

2 Likes

…do you know what projection means?

Yeah, would appreciate a mod removing that entry from the Log of Key Moderator Actions, thanks.

Thanks to those who spoke up for what they thought was right.

4 Likes

The need for a debate about the poor standard of moderation has become clearer now.

The last couple of days has seen the bias in Wookie’s moderation hit an all-time high, but on the plus side has also shown the positive effects that a new mod can have in diluting that bias

8 Likes

Again, rewrite history all you want, but that’s not what you said. You may have backtracked much later because you realized the racist veil slipped, but here’s the actual exchange:

(emphasis added)

But this is why you are so good at what you do. Because you force the people you are targeting to spend their time looking up your old posts to show that you’re a liar. And in any event this old exchange didn’t really matter, except that you are calling me out for lying (when I am not) about your past comments, as they shed light on your current abhorrent racist conspiracy theory mongering (without evidence) about the coronavirus coming from a Chinese Lab. And yes, you weren’t the only one espousing those views (honestly shocking for this forum), but I found it especially chef’s kiss that you were given your self-professed anti-racist views (except when you let that mask slip accidentally, a la “ghetto blaster” and “smelly curry.”). To the extent I said “Europeans” i later clarified I was referring to you, for the other Europeans who were offended, but I think that was one of the posts that got nuked.

And now, you’re again onto your anti-mod crusade, trying to reshape this forum and install pet mods who you think will support you or whatever. Meanwhile, this forum is dying the slow death of forum regulars departing, and you are a huge part of that. This forum is going to be down to almost no traffic within a year.

And for anyone still dying on the “lab theory isn’t racist” tree, if this outbreak had started in Israel, and people on this forum were arguing without evidence that the disease likely came from an Israeli Lab, do you really think that wouldn’t be anti-Semitic? Because that is exactly the argument being put forth about the lab in China, and it is absolutely racist to make the argument that the lab is the most likely source of the virus when there is no evidence to support that. When you are making the same damned arguments that Donald J. Trump made, it’s time to look in a fucking mirror.

Maybe you should stop this shit.

15 Likes

Sorry, I’m never going to leave racist views unchallenged, even if I’m in the minority. Racist views should always be shamed, publicly and loudly.

Oh my god no one cares.

4 Likes