About Andor, and lesser Star Wars things

Dying as a storm trooper

1 Like

11 Likes
2 Likes

My over-eager self jumped for joy because I saw Mikkelsen and assumed it was Mads/Hannibal.

But then I kept reading and saw Lars is his older brother!! So now the circle is complete. Both brothers will play kry roles in the SW saga.

1 Like

I mean, he voiced the character in Rebels, AND he plays an amazing psychological-type villain (see: Sherlock season 3). Perfect casting, imho.

1 Like

Aw now I really need to see Rebels

Help me identify Liam Neeson’s book collection.

If you enjoy Mandalorian, you really should watch Clone Wars and Rebels…they explain why big time Star wars fans were so excited about season 2 of the Mandalorian (in general, and specific episodes).

Also, Clone Wars does a lot of heavy lifting toward making the prequels at least palatable.

If you don’t have time for all 7 seasons of Clone Wars, there are plenty of “essential viewing” guides out there.

2 Likes

I should add that Ahsoka Tano is probably the best-developed character in Star Wars, so if you’re into that sort of thing, Clone Wars and Rebels are a must.

1 Like

Are you hyped beyond hype for the live-action spin-off? I think this might open up the doors to non-Skywalker sagas like we’ve almost all of us been begging for.

1 Like

I typed out that I’d renew D+ and check out Rebels once WandaVision finishes and I can binge that first…but why wait instead of watching Rebels first?

tckISlC

I mean, Mandalorian already did that, and we have the Book of Boba Fett and the Ahsoka show coming, so yeah, I think we’re already there.

Still dying for an Old Republic-set show though.

2 Likes

That’s what I mean. These things are niche treats, but we may now have the momentum for a new generation of live-action TV and movie properties that eclipse the Skywalker saga. Mando is opening all sorts of doors.

Maybe if Ashoka does as well as Mando, they’ll go into the Old Republic as a live-action story. They just need the audience to show up in larger numbers than Firefly/Serenity or Disney will decide we have to wait another ten years of Force Awakens reboots.

2 Likes

Have you read about The Acolyte?

Yeah…interested in the premise, though it’s kind of weird. It’s obvious from other things that are now canon (like…Clone Wars, lol) that the dark side and its powers are much older than the era it’s going to be set in. So the “emergence of dark side powers in the High Republic era” seems strange to me.

4:10 mark. He is hilarious.

7 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes