A Monkeypox on Both Your Houses: Chapter 1 - Surely This Will Blow Over Soon

I get how you might not know if you were sick with covid vs. being sick with some other viral cold, but isn’t this the sort of thing that you KNOW you have something wacky, because like, you got fucking POXed?

Yeah if Im vaccinatrd against chicken pox and a bunch of fucking pox start showing up on my skin, im pretty confident what is going on.

Is trestment for Monkeypox the same as Chicken pox? Rest, fluids, and oatmeal baths for itching/swelling?

I don’t know what msm means here.

men having sex with men

1 Like

Chickenpox isn’t at all related to monkeypox, FWIW. It’s actually more closely related to herpes.

In case you hear this in the wild, this is where they probably heard it, so you know what kind of person you are talking to and can easily dismiss them.

https://twitter.com/DailyMail/status/1552905329549234176?s=20&t=iUcAntTW_VIJrjRFBYfozg

In two months, Czech Republic has a grand total of 16 reported cases.

I mean we don’t even give a shit about COVID and thousands of people here are getting infected with that per day.

Not great.

2 Confirmed deaths out of spain, 31 and 40 yo, both from encephalitis (inflammation of the brain)

seems not great!

World just going to be a riskier place going forward. New diseases likely to get worse rather than better with climate change.

no idea, don’t think they’ve said

Nine days later we’re at 25,391 global (+51%) and 6,325 in the US (+118%).

1 Like

I do hope by sometime in early 2023 we can all get a smallpox shot.

I hope that by 2023 all vaccines will be available as tequila shots. When I hope, I really hope.

2 Likes

It seems very unlikely at this point. Maybe by early 2024. The risk profile in the old shot isn’t worth it, and Bavarian Nordic probably can’t scale production enough without partnering with a big pharma company, and so far there is no talk of that.

Meh maybe right but then not as exciting. A lot of us probably just get natural immunity by then, especially those of us with kids.

Yep, but what do you want our leaders to do? Fucking lead? This is America, man!

Is it really that hard to spin up vaccines when we’ve already got a working smallpox vaccine? We need some big emergency federal vax production line imo.