A Monkeypox on Both Your Houses: Chapter 1 - Surely This Will Blow Over Soon

Fuck that, this is America.

1 Like

I’m keeping safe by reducing my male to male sex encounters in spas/bathhouses to 25% of pre pandemic levels

1 Like

That’s the level one donk play.

Elite play is to increase male to male sex encounters so that you qualify to get the vaccine by virtue of being in a high risk group. You just have to start early before it becomes too widespread and be somewhat selective in the males you choose.

6 Likes

Nine days later, despite being in the midst of a holiday weekend in the US, we’re at 5,783 confirmed global cases and 459 confirmed US cases, with lots of evidence of missing cases - SF wastewater, anecdotal experiences of people who had to go to three to five different doctors to get tested, beg to get tested, etc.

Here’s one:

https://www.tiktok.com/@bertsbeess/video/7115506679130623275

Have a friend who works in the NYC area. They’re pretty sure they have a patient with monkeypox. They aren’t gay however, so the local health department won’t test them.

Seems pretty fucking stupid… and entirely predictable.

1 Like

Wonder why monkey pox is in the gay community so much?

Because they’re the only ones getting tested apparently?

2 Likes

What the fuck?

I mean that was like Covid in February/March of 2020 too. Unless you travelled to China or had a known exposure they wouldn’t test you.

1 Like

It came out that during Pride, NYC had a testing capacity of 20 tests per day with something like a million people attending the events.

Good thing we learned so much during Covid!

1 Like

Yeah like monkeypox is very unlikely to be “the big one” but it’s just an immediate confirmation that we’re actively getting worse at this, not better. If we get the big one any time soon, just fire up the crematoriums cause we’re fucked.

I mean, Covid wasn’t even really “the big one.” God help us if we ever do get the real big one.

Exactly, I’m talking like 10-30% mortality rate or worse with an R0 as bad as early stages COVID.

1 Like

Optimistic sweet summer take is that COVID threaded the needle between being bad but not quite killing enough young people to get folks to really care that much.

100x deadlier COVID gets even the super derpy attention imo.

10x? Meh.

100x might be too deadly but yeah if we hit that sweet spot :vince3:

We’ll be fine. :coolbiden:

Yep, we are wholy live to a captain trips situation at some point in the next twenty years. We havent learned dick

Glass half-full. We’re drawing live to a true boomer remover situation.

The last doubling ended up being about 13 days. Hooray?