A Call to Ban NotBruceZ for Consistently Endorsing Violence

This thread is IRL pissing me off. Good job troll/cop instigator I guess. I’m going to peace out for a few days.

I honestly don’t, given the quality of thoughts expressed here. That’s not a knock on this place, it’s just that it’s much more a forum to vent than to post polished, well thought out pieces that could reasonably be seen on the Atlantic, 538 etc. And of course that’s never been the purpose of this community. So if you want to launch some type of (lol) political career, okay good luck. But it only seems fair that if you want to spring board off this existing community, you are bound by the standards people here want and not what hypothetical standards you think will suit your new purpose.

2 Likes

hey, fuck you too cuse, keep doing your thing. you’ll run this place into the ground. As I said I want no part of it.

People need to take it down a few notches. We are not doing life and death stuff here. Some disagreement is heathy not a reason to threaten to leave or burn the place down.

4 Likes

I was banned by Wookie on 2+2 for suggesting soon after his election that it would be good if Trump was assassinated, so maybe I’m Spartacus.

I was talking about premabans, which is what I assumed Gregorio was talking about. I caught regular bans all the time. You had to be a special sort of dickhead to get perma’d.

Ok, maybe I’m Partacus.

1 Like

I plan to keep doing my thing and at this point I couldn’t care less whether you want to be a part of it. So far everyone involved in getting us a landing place, trying to make it community run/governed, trying to participate in that process, building the Discourse forum, moderating, managing the server and the money and all of it has done an exceptional job free of charge, and this community has far exceeded the predictions of the naysayers.

3 Likes

*couldn’t care less

PS: Not reading this thread, but I’m sure it’s terrible and unproductive.

3 Likes

O really?

(Unless you’re talking specifically about getting permed by Wookie…)

imo

edit* you edited out what I responded to. meh.

I’m not trolling this is a serious question. Posting tweets/videos of Republicans calling for violence is ok so are we allowed to post Democrats or Leftists doing the same?

Actually what I’ve said repeatededly that I want to do, that a lot of posters expressed interest in several months ago, was creating platforms and avenues for those here that wished to to be able to get their voices out there.

I’m sorry that my desire to do that is interfering with your desire to read other people’s violent rhetoric on the Internet.

Whether or not I ever run from office is a separate issue, but I think there are several posters here who would be awesome in Congress, and like dozens who would be waaaaaay above replacement level, and I’m sure a handful have considered it… So maybe keeping this place remotely civil is a good idea.

Yes, pretty much anything a newsmaker says is newsworthy and is fair game. But if you comment in support of violence, that’d be a problem.

if nbz makes this post does this get him banned?

It’s not a threat, so it shouldn’t, but yes it probably would.

1 Like

I have pointed out before that NBZ‘s problem is his body of work not a single post in a vacuum.

1 Like

I assume this is obvious, but I meant Trump will not ever willingly leave office. So after he’s impeached, removed or loses an election guys with guns are going to have to show up to physically remove him from the White House.

1 Like

It wasnt directed as a slight against you. I’m just pointing out that shouldnt ever be a remotely banworthy post yet I know the panty twists that would happen if bruce made it.

Nobody cares if you’re a mod or not. Hilarious aside: My predictive text gave “bitch” as an option after I typed ‘Nobody cares if you’re a’. The people who vote set rules, but good on you for looking out for the 260 plus who didn’t give enough of a shit to vote.