A Call to Ban NotBruceZ for Consistently Endorsing Violence

I don’t want him to quit, just take it down a notch or two.

1 Like

I like his posts, don’t want to see him go anywhere, I just wish he would self correct. I’m not personally comfortable with wishing any kind of violence on people, I even get a bit uneasy at wishing people dead; not because in my private thoughts it doesn’t cross my mind, but I don’t want it spelled out on the internet for various reasons.

2 Likes

It’s tricky imo because imo he’s doing it on purpose to push buttons/troll. It’s not like cactus or someone (like me maybe) who gets caught up in a rant sometimes.

If not for our sake, he should tone it down for his own sake. Posting like he does in the world we live in will get you on a list for real.

1 Like

And sorry for promising and then reneging, but I’ve had a bunch of stuff come up and can’t compile quotes today.

Here are some of NotBruceZ’s deleted/reported posts:

August 6: “Unthinking conservatives are part of the problem. The lack of thought on their part could be taken as an argument they lack sentience and deserve to be crushed like vermin.”

August 8: “I’m rooting for ISIS to do things that make Trump look bad.”

August 8: “When something like this happens, I am very tempted to pile on and suggest that I am happy that the gun idiot gene isn’t getting passed on. I’ve lost my patience with these people. Maybe they don’t deserve help or comfort when gun-related tragedy befalls them.” (This in response to a story about a three-year-old girl picking up a gun that wasn’t in a safe and killing herself with it.)

A couple weeks ago: “That’s inefficient. The country would be better off if mass shooters targeted rich people instead of minorities.”

Five days ago: “I can agree with “fuck the Constitution”, but the idea of fucking Pelosi doesn’t get my dick hard.”

Two days ago: “A part of me wants another 9/11 just so I can say it wouldn’t have happened if Hillary was president.”

And now this: “Would millenials carrying out mass shootings of boomers shift opinion on gun control?”

That’s without a couple of posts that he deleted himself, and those are only the ones that were noticed and flagged/moderated/deleted. Here are some that weren’t reported:

July 29: “I’m thinking it will take multiple successful assassination attempts against Republican politicians to move the needle. Obviously, I kinda don’t advocate that, but I know it’s the direction my mind will go if I ever lose loved ones to gun violence.”

July 29: (referring to the shooting of the GOP softball game) “Not enough casualties, unfortunately.”

August 4: “The solution is obvious. Be more radical to move the Overton window leftward. We are in a situation where our broken government seems to be an impediment to a solution. Perhaps, radical leftists need to look for pro-active non-government solutions. I don’t know what those actions would be, but …”

August 4: “Also, Ronald Reagan was an ass who deserved to get shot and didn’t deserve to live.”

August 6: “If I wanted to kill these people, I’d just use poison. Good luck using a gun against that.”

August 7: “I haven’t really figured out how I want to start a topic on this, but I want to acknowledge that I am aware of and anticipated concerns about what I wrote. My mindset is that we are at war and there will be no unity, so we need to adopt more militant rhetoric on our side. If you don’t agree with that, then you can go vote for Joe Biden. How militant is a reasonable topic for debate.”

August 8: " So, here’s where my head is at. I don’t think I’m a threat to commit any real world mayhem, but I make no promises if Trump is re-elected. I agree with @jmakin:

Defense of the Dark Arts: General Policies, Tactics, and Tips for Triggering Deplorables

What this is is a war.

I don’t believe national unity is possible. I’m interested in changing the language we use to embrace this reality. Trump delenda est.

I am aware there are potential dangers. I am aware that I could be having delusions of grandeur that anything I write on some tiny internet forum that no one has heard of and few people will ever read has a non-zero chance of changing things."

August 11: “It would be foolish to not lay the groundwork for Plan B.” (This is referring to preparing for a violent civil war if we cannot win the political battle.)

August 19: “I would not be opposed to the idea of people pointing out where Pantaleo’s next job is, even if it is not in law enforcement, and making it easy to find him.”

I’ll stop there, I don’t want to spend too much more time on this. He’s calling for violence repeatedly, he believes it is or will soon be necessary, and he is trying to spread that idea. I’ve called him out directly, I’ve flagged posts, I’ve modded posts that others have flagged, etc… He was also called out here: NotBrucez, let's talk.

Yet he’s still doing it. He’s been given a chance to self-edit. Either we want to be a community that condones calls to violence, or we don’t. I don’t want us to be that. Hopefully I’m in the majority with that opinion.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s tricky at all. I think we shouldn’t condone it, and it doesn’t matter what the intent was. He’s clearly not going to stop as he’s been called out repeatedly and has explained why he believes what he’s doing is right.

If he’s not already on a list, it’s a failure of the FBI/NSA/whatever.

Vote hard no and will probably leave the site if it happens - give him a warning. There are other over the top posts that happen all the time.

2 Likes

How many warnings does he get? He’s been called out directly, moderated, and this is the second thread started over it. He’s still doing it, and his response before was basically to explain why he’s doing it and why he does not intend to stop.

If we’re playing the “I’ll leave the site if XYZ happens” game, I’m out of here if the site decides by a majority to condone calls to violence.

I don’t think not banning him is the same as condoning it.

1 Like

That seems like an odd take to me, feel free to expand on it, but if he gets multiple warnings and keeps doing it, keeping him around sure seems like condoning it.

The post that set you off was not a call to violence. I think you are overreacting. I can find other examples of posts that go over the line, probably by some here even. It isn’t just him.

You need a system to hand out temp bans or to have infraction points. Going full nuclear is just stupid. What attempts to moderate have been done? I am not aware of any.

1 Like

One more warning, short temp ban, medium temp ban, longer temp ban, ban. I’m squishy but not that squishy.

I’m not bothered by any of the quotes and to be honest I agree with some of them, even if I wouldn’t post it myself. It’s hard for me to get worked up about them when public figures in office call for worse to happen to liberals.

5 Likes

There’s a pattern here. I went through about 2 weeks of posts and didn’t want to spend more time, I’m sure it’s continued in the ~month since the point where I stopped copy and pasting. Some are hoping for violence, some are pondering whether it’s necessary, etc… I’m not trying to play a semantics game here. It’s a pattern of posting in the face of already being called out for it that set me off.

Maybe one or two posts by others, definitely not a pattern like this.

This is for the community to decide, I’m not even involved in the operation of the site in any way at this point. I’m basically a poster with admin privileges as a result of running Exiled for a minute. But I’ve been involved in numerous attempts to moderate him - I’ve flagged several posts, and I’ve reacted to several flagged posts. Clearly you didn’t read my post recounting a lot of the posting, because it included another thread in here where people tried to intervene.

Heres one from namath in the last day:

God dammit I want someone to just ruin Lynzie in the most humiliating way possible. Like goat sex tape humiliation. I hate him way more than Trump.

There was another one that was worse by him in the last few days but I can’t find it. You guys like him so it goes underneath the radar. I can find plenty of examples if I wasn’t so lazy. I have nothing at all against namath other than i think he soft trolls me in OOT to look cool. But those posts offended me more than the 9/11 posts. I don’t make an issue of it because it’s none of my business. It’s a me problem.

All it takes is for one wrong person to stumble onto this site, and his posting could trigger a violent act. He’s even said he might end up doing something if Trump is re-elected. I for one am horrified by those possibilities.

That’s pretty different from calling for violence.

3 Likes

This just guarantees three or four more posts calling for/hoping for violence.

he’s literally calling for someone to be raped lol