6 month anniversary celebration ITT

You can lead a pony to water…

2 Likes

As long as you don’t mind dealing with the 3 or 4 prominent racist Grampas that infest the place.

1 Like

I miss peak SE.

Thousands of posts for single playoff games. Posters that actually realize how dumb coaches are in every sport. Ridiculous possible troll rankings like 2. Kevin Love or 4. Eagles that spawned pages upon pages of debates. Random drafts taken extremely seriously. Schuster going from goat during peak days to GOAT 8 years later. Multiple posters now working for major sports teams.

Bring me back.

2 Likes

This. I’ve had a hard time keeping up with anything other than the Trump thread on here but very glad this place exists and have barely been back to 2p2

2 Likes

I feel like this place would really benefit from a good draft.

1 Like

Andrew Luck vs RGIII.

1 Like

Or a CDL ranking of meat.

I’ve long since learned to just scroll past Zeno posts. Good lord, that man loves sniffing his own farts. Phat Mack’s stream-of-consciousness movie reviews are great, though, and Dom always has interesting takes on movies. And sometimes Clovis get angry about Marvel movies, that’s a classic bit.

1 Like

hot dog

The wave of bitching and crying lately may be overshadowing the amazing job the people behind this site have done. When we all left 2+2 I’d given us a 5% chance of existing in 3 months. Yet here we are a good-sized community, still thriving. That is not an accident. It’s dedication of the admins, mods, IT, donors, and members.

Not to get all mushy, but I value this community. I learn here all the time. To me that has the highest value. Sure you all piss me off sometimes, and I you, but I never find my time here valueless.

11 Likes

Comes in at #44 on the official list:

Official Power Rankings of Meat for an Entree*
.1. Kobe Beef
.2. Mahi Mahi
.3. Tuna
.4. Rib Eye
.5. Lamb Shank
.6. Sea Bass
.T7. Crab
.T7. Sirloin
.9. Lobster
.10. Veal
.T11. Duck
.T11. Crawfish
.13. T-Bone
.14. Salmon
.15. Shrimp
.16. Striped Bass
.17. Prime Rib
.T18. Scallops
.T18. Calamari
.20. Rack of Lamb
.21. Baby Back Ribs
.22. Barbecue Pork**
.23. Lamb Chop
.24. Pork Loin
.25. Beef Short Ribs
.26. Swordfish
.T27. Beef Spare Ribs
.T27. Buffalo
.28. Chorizo
.29. Snapper
.30. Pork Belly
.31. Pork Short Ribs
.32. Chicken
.33. Sausage
.34. Pork Spare Ribs
.35. Octupus
.36. Flounder
.37. Dorade
.38. Trout
.38. Oysters***
.40. Hamburger
.41. Alligator
.42. Ham
.43. Tilapia
.44. Hot Dog
.45. Grouper
.46. Clams
.47. Mussels
.48. Turkey
.49. Catfish
.50. Caviar

*Assumed to be a good, but not perfect cut prepared in the preferred manner by a good, but not Michelin quality chef.

**The proper ranking for types of barbecue is as follows: Texas>>Memphis>Kansas City>>>Carolina. All barbecue should be served wet and with hot sauce.

***Raw Oysters are terrible and should never be consumed.

oysters have to be eaten raw, cooked oysters are disgusting and something you only see in America. Also, striploin is the best cut, lol at having sirloin over tbone.

1 Like

Chorizo WAY too low wtf

1 Like

Yes.

And octopus over alligator is sacrilege.

This might be true. I ate my first oyster ever in New Orleans and it was boiled (broiled?) or something. But that gave me the gumption to try raw oysters and I’ve never looked back. So maybe the ends justify the means?

Just for clarification, that meat ranking was made by the famous CDL on 22 Sporting Events.

It’s so funny I was just thinking about that too seven post last week and was gonna make a smartassed post about it before realizing I couldn’t even be arsed to use 22’s search function to find it.

Thanks again for all the hard work, mods & admins, even if you did totally screw me out of the best under title I’ve had since “Coffee is for closers.” :heart:

4 Likes

That because I and SK and a few others got banned for hurting too seven’s feewings and we took the good content with us

But seriously, the true value of that sub was the recommendations rather than the reviews imho. I found a ton of shows that I never would have considered watching because of that place. We have that here too but the scale is much smaller.

I would still like to know how “The Americans” ended though.

Octopus over ribs & rack of lamb? Sure. That makes sense. /s