2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

You seem to think that Kamala could just fall out of a coconut tree

2 Likes

my guess is he will be on Conan for a softball interview in the next 2 weeks

My suspicion is that even Kamala could win if dems set a course of action and moved forward. Itā€™s really a coordination problem, and Biden could solve it by taking the reins. But if Biden could take the reins then drastic action wouldnā€™t be needed.

1 Like

Pollsters need to start polling for replacements. I canā€™t see how Harris would do better in the swing states than Whitmer. Itā€™s really the swing states that need to be targeted by the replacement candidate. The other states are what they are.

1 Like

But, absent Biden leading the party with a chosen successor, it would be a shitshow. However, at this point, Iā€™m fine with a shitshow. If Biden doesnā€™t literally step aside thereā€™s no path to a different nominee, and heā€™d probably want a stong say in the nominee if he were to step aside. I would be happy with literally anyone who will appoint Thomasā€™ replacement.

Link?

Iā€™ve heard him one on one on the Smartless and Conan Oā€™Brien podcasts. They tossed him softballs and he came across fine. He did another softball Smartless ā€œThree Presidentsā€ podcast with Obama and Bill Clinton and it seemed like he had trouble following the conversation.

For now, is Biden capable of listening to trusted advisors giving him advice and making decisions that partisan Ds would largely agree with? Yes but a) that is only half the job and b) it is reasonable to believe that he will become a Feinstein like puppet at some point in his second term and be horrified by that prospect.

1 Like

Journalists were getting more engagement with Trump in office.

The main issue is that being president fucking sucks. Most people who run donā€™t even want to win. They just want to build their brand and roll it into speaking engagements and lobbying positions that are way lower stress and leave you less open to assassination attempts.

You have to be a special kind of sociopath to actually want to be president. Itā€™s why no decent human being will ever become president so long as the country exists.

I donā€™t think that being President sucks. But the process to get there does. And thatā€™s why there are so many qualified people that stay the hell away from politics.

So far, 2 put of 47 (or just over 4%) on a predominantly liberal forum. Pretty sure this is enough to ensure Biden loses and gives Trump the presidency

Lol it took me a second to realize you meant Hillary and Bill, not Biden and Obama.

No.

1 Like

Borrowing from elsewhere: hereā€™s Bernie providing an incredible contrast in lucidity with Biden. Thereā€™s really no point to thisā€“Bernie certainly wonā€™t be tapped as a replacement candidate, though I wouldnā€™t mind seeing itā€“other than to show that 80somethings can still be sharp and coherent.

3 Likes

just for the headline

Just a reminder that Bill Clinton, who served as president 30 years ago, is 4 years younger than our current nominee.

10 Likes

Should we blame southern blacks for joe biden winning 2020 primary? Sure. Blame the southern blacks. Blame our primary system where people in a state weā€™re never going to win are deciding who our candidate is. Mostly i blame biden for doing the rbg/pelosi egomania thing, believing they are the only ones on earth who could possibly do their job, and therefore they canā€™t retire.

5 Likes

I think the eDems or whatever theyā€™re called made the right choice to consolidate behind Biden and get Trump the fuck out of office. Maybe other candidates couldā€™ve done it too, but weā€™ll never know. Biden did it.

Itā€™s pretty scandalous that he didnā€™t announce he was bowing out at least 9 months ago. He always shouldā€™ve promised to be a one-term president. Oh well, maybe Trump dies on the crapper soon.

ETA, sorry @beetlejuice, I didnā€™t mean to reply to you specifically.

3 Likes

ā€œThe graveyards are filled with indispensable men.ā€ Charles de Gaulle (maybe)

3 Likes

i wonder if the next page has 15%/18%/20% tip options lol