2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

Racism is not just personal animus. It’s a system of oppression. If you’re voting for the guy who’s openly screaming about how he’s going to make the system more oppressive, then even if you’re doing it because you like his taste in architecture, you’re racist. Hitler supporters who don’t personally hate Jews are still Nazis.

4 Likes

I agree, but there are still plenty of “Hey, I never had a slave or did nuthin to a black person” people out there who don’t even realize it’s an oppressive system

With the viewing of a single Trump ad, debate clip, or website perusal, you’d see the promise of more oppression from Trump. There’s no universe in which someone could know anything ostensibly non-racial about Trump or his policies without having seen that he’s promising more racial oppression.

2 Likes

Does this mean that if you vote for Kamala Harris, you are either pro-genocide or don’t think genocide is occurring in Gaza?

1 Like

Voting for the cease fire candidate over the MORE GENOCIDE candidate is hardly a vote for genocide.

4 Likes

I’d still vote for Kamala Harris if she were the more genocidal candidate because everything else is way more important.

She said she wouldn’t do anything differently than Biden which presumes she’ll continue sending bombs to kill innocent kids. I’d say that’s a vote in support of genocide

When I filled out my ballot, I voted Harris but wrote “not the genocide stuff” in parentheses.

14 Likes

And Trump says Israel needs to “finish it” fast. What does that mean?

1 Like

This is easily the stupidest false equivalence argument to ever occur on this forum.

Hey just FYI, you absolutely lose your shit whenever anyone approaches a fraction of this kind of statement about anything you’ve posted

5 Likes

My wife has a friend who she didn’t talk to for several years because he was a Trump supporter and very hostile when arguing about politics. They recently saw each other and made up. He said he despises Trump, hates his guts, but is still voting for him. He is convinced that if Harris institutes a wealth tax, billionaires would have to sell stock to pay their taxes, which would tank the market and kill all our retirement accounts. He thinks Republicans and Trump are better for the economy.

He then started getting aggressive again about his views, at which point my wife shut him down and said they cannot talk politics if they want to be friends.

EDIT: I hung out with him several times before Trump entered politics and he and his wife and kids were great. He was also very generous.

3 Likes

This reminds me of the people on Reddit defending Elon Musk’s $56 billion bonus package by saying he couldn’t even really touch the money because if he sold that much stock it would tank Tesla.

1 Like

I would just tell them that I would be happy to see Tesla tank.

11 Likes

Ok

It’s still idiotic beyond comprehension to compare voting Harris/Israel with voting Trump/everything as if they are somehow analogous.

You’re underestimating how dumb and brainwashed some people are.

So many people on this forum are utterly convinced there is this huge swatch of voters who have no earthly idea Trump is a bad guy. These voters somehow have a total lack of knowledge about him in 2024.

2 Likes

Obviously Trump would be worse on Israel/Gaza than Harris.

But beyond that, it’s not like give gajillions of dollars and weapons to Israel, knowing what they’re doing to Palestinians is unique to Biden/Harris. It’s been US policy for ages. It’s baked in. It will take someone very, very left to change things.

The hope is that at there can at least be better diplomacy behind the scenes with Harris than there would be with Trump.

1 Like