2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

This did catch my interest because I’ve always had a bedbug about how the idea that the market reveals the units of utility, but that only works if the the underlying wealth is equal. As the market gets more unequal the utility of the market becomes distorted.

Betting markets are supposed to be an equalizer to BS in the media, but they also suffer the same problem. If you have some whales, they can move the betting market and make it appear as if a line if favored when it’s not. Of course the solution is to wager against it, but that depends on someone having enough money to do that.

https://x.com/Domahhhh/status/1843320398735106155

5 Likes

https://x.com/UtahVedette/status/1843326607911747619

Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

Letter

As we approach the pivotal election on Nov. 5, I feel compelled to articulate why I, along with many others, will be casting my vote for President Donald Trump.

Firstly, President Trump’s commitment to America First policies has resonated deeply with me. His approach to trade, particularly the intention to increase tariffs on imports, especially from China, as recently highlighted in polls, demonstrates a clear understanding of economic pressures facing American workers. This policy aims at protecting U.S. industries and fostering job growth at home, which is crucial for our economic sovereignty.

Moreover, Trump’s favorability ratings, especially among independent voters, indicate a broad appeal that transcends traditional party lines. This support, as noted in recent polls, underscores a trust in his ability to address issues that matter to everyday Americans, from law enforcement support to advocating for the working class. The nation’s direction under Trump’s previous term showed a robust economy, low unemployment rates, and significant strides in energy independence. His policies not only aimed at immediate relief but also at long-term economic stability, which we desperately need to recover from recent global setbacks.

On matters of policy, Trump’s stance on immigration, border security, and America’s role on the world stage offers a clear, unapologetic vision for America’s future. His approach, often criticized, is grounded in a promise to secure our borders and ensure that migration policies serve American interests first, which resonates with my belief in national integrity.

Furthermore, the endorsement from various sectors of society, including law enforcement and union workers, speaks volumes about his commitment to those who keep our country running. This support isn’t just about policy; it’s about a connection with the heart of America, where people feel heard and prioritized. Critics might point to his style or past controversies, but for many, including myself, it’s the results that matter.

Trump’s ability to challenge the status quo, to negotiate boldly on the international stage, and to prioritize American workers and taxpayers over globalist agendas is what we need now more than ever. As we stand on the brink of another election, I urge fellow Americans to look beyond the noise and focus on the tangible benefits Trump’s policies have offered and continue to promise.

On Nov. 5, my vote will be for former President Trump, not just for the man, but for the America he envisions — one where every citizen’s interests come first.

Sheldon L. Broderick, Cedar City

6 Likes

As a wise man once said:

4 Likes

Feels like there are more Republican whales than Democratic whales, so I expect this to skew rightward.

Also:

The current speculation among users is that the account may be affiliated with
@elonmusk, and while I am not sure how seriously to take that idea – it definitely seems stupid at first – there’s a couple more curiosities. The recent tweets around Trump and Pennsylvania about Polymarket (from his personal stenographer “Doge Designer”) seem to be timed with large purchases by Fredi. Musk rallied with Trump in Pennsylvania, and has connections to Pennsylvania from his college days.

The join date of the account was June 22nd, a few weeks before Elon officially endorsed Trump. BUT June 22nd roughly lines up to when I was told privately by someone in Republican circles that Elon was getting ready to endorse and donate a ton of money to get Trump elected.

I’d be more willing to believe this if Freddi is constantly adding just enough shares to keep the market slightly in favor of Trump.

A brilliant political commentator I know (SenorKeeed) has called them Trump Nativity Scenes.

1 Like

Odds he used Chat GPT to write that letter are pretty high, imo.

Really? I don’t know what ChatGPT is up to these days but the free AIs I have access to won’t respond to prompts about politics. Like, I asked about the ratings for the VP debate and copilot came back with sorry bro, no can do.

Now I want Harris to win just for the sweet satisfaction of knowing that betting on Trump cost someone $6.4M

2 Likes

He could type up what he wanted to say and have it edit it, I believe.

I mean, fuck, we’ve already had two presidents in the last quarter decade who took office without winning the vote.

He must have fed it some real garbage.

Hahahahahahaha

https://x.com/playbookdc/status/1842952645415240093?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

3 Likes

Twitter is so weird, never know what you will find in the replies. All the top ones I just glanced at here are calling out how much fucking stupid this article is.

2 Likes

tenor-2517563883

3 Likes

https://x.com/daveweigel/status/1843379913774248096

Media: The people demand policy specifics
People: DEY ATE ER DERGS!!!

2 Likes

https://x.com/Politics_Polls/status/1843339664255525203?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

1 Like

FYI what I learned from 2020 is that the smart money waits until after the election takes place and you know who won.

5 Likes

Huh. Someone manipulating online betting for personal gain or other ulterior motives.

I can here it now, the betting markets couldn’t be wrong… so therefore Trump didn’t really lose.

Is that Twitter user Domer from the other site?

1 Like