2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

The only comfort I get from the enormous number of Harris signs in my neighborhood is that it probably rustles many jimmies.

2 Likes

Peggy Noonan ITT

Still have yet to see a single Trump sign in my community - at least these scumbags have the self awareness to be ashamed

2 Likes

Iā€™m in a rural-ish part of NJ (thatā€™s like a 60/40 Trump-voting area, yuck) and overall thereā€™s a dearth of signs, but when I see one itā€™s pretty much always an enormous Trump/Vance banner or an actual flag (for weirdos that have a full-size flagpole on their property). I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen a single Harris/Walz sign yet.

1 Like

We actually have multiple enormous dopey Harris flags in our neighborhood.

Now that I think about it, the Trump:Harris sign ratio is pretty high even in the much more liberal suburbs near my work. Itā€™s strange because neither NJ nor CA is going anything but blue, maybe itā€™s a cultural thing where Trumpers here are more likely to proudly announce ā€œIā€™M THE LOUD STUPID POLITICAL MINORITY!!!ā€ while the Kamala voters are just like ā€œlol we got this, who has time for signs I donā€™t even careā€.

1 Like

I do believe there is a virtue signaling component that appeals to deplorables in blue states.

also they love to bellyache about how oppressed they are

My parentsā€™ suburban neighborhood was Biden +25 in 2020. There are virtually no lawn signs, except for one MAGA house that has about 3 Trump flags and a few lawn signs (up from 1 flag and 1 lawn sign last election cycle). Not a swing state. They say heā€™s a very nice guy.

100%. A lot of the Trumpism/fascism/toxic masculinity trends that are destroying the culture have the same psychological underpinning - a desperate need to feel special, in the face of overwhelming evidence that the person is not at all special in any way whatsover. Those people are highly susceptible to racism (Iā€™m unquestionably better than black people and brown people because thatā€™s the natural order), toxic masculinity and misogyny (Iā€™m unquestionably better than women because thatā€™s the natural order), anti-vaxx and anti-climate change (my gut instinct is more likely to be right than scientists that have studies for years because of my natural superiority) etc. If you are a thoroughly mediocre person that wants to feel special but wants to do absolutely no work to understand anything at all, the modern conservative movement is your safe space. You just accept a lot of fantasies that make you the hero of the story, and thatā€™s that.

11 Likes

Holy shit, this sounds fucking incredible. Where do I sign up?!

3 Likes

https://vote.gop/

4 Likes

I live in the countryā€™s second bluest congressional district and I have only seen one political sign total here - a giant MAGA flag that has been flown from in front of a small auto shop for the past 8 years.

My mother has a similar anecdote. she lives in an old person community in FL(not the villages) and they were allowed by the HOA to put up a sign on saturday, and she said at first count the Harris signs outnumber the Trump ones. and that has never previously been the case.

How itā€™s going

Trump got defucked. Graffiti still there.

1 Like

https://x.com/robkelner/status/1843008074413670646?t=VXPOb9VYkV27x-UpxmwZOQ&s=19

OK but the ā€œendā€ part is in quotes. I mean no matter what weā€™ll have a ā€œPresidencyā€ that will be decided by ā€œelectionsā€.

It does remind me that I kind of wish they would do some polling on if the South had democracy during Jim Crow. Not as some kind of gotcha, just that Americans generally simultaneously think weā€™ve always been a democracy, Jim Crow was bad, but that non democratic countries are or were somewhere else, not here.

ā€œcongratsā€ on your baby.

congrats on ā€œyourā€ baby.

congrats on your ā€œbabyā€.

13 Likes

If the election loser declares victory because of ā€œmassive fraudā€ and the Congress and Supreme Court go along with it, Democracy is ended, isnā€™t it? That doesnā€™t seem unimaginable to me.

Donā€™t worry, that canā€™t happen because of norms.

Got a nice brochure stuck to my door the every day. Listed every democrat on the ballot and then had a Kamala versus trump policy breakdown issue by issue. Was pretty good piece of campaigning wonder if it has any effect.

2 Likes

fyp

1 Like