2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

3 Likes

There was upside going in too. Biden was on a Romney-esque march to a certain loss without something shaking things up and this was one of the things that could do it. Unfortunately he bombed it so he’s more on the Bob Dole path now but hey, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

2 Likes

He should have just canceled the debate and said he was waiting for Trumps sentencing and to see if Trump was going to continue his campaign from prison. Refuse to debate a felon criminal.

3 Likes

Yeah I definitely was not sure that Biden would be good, but he needed to do something given what the polls look like. And who knows, if he really is totally unelectable and we end up with a different candidate who wins, it will still turn out to be a good thing!

1 Like

Yeah i dont think so

1 Like

Americans want Trump. That’s the elephant in the room.

8 Likes

Disagree, Biden is obviously fading fast and the longer he waits the worse it will be. Should have scheduled these for January 2021 imo.

I’d caveat this by saying “enough Americans” want him and our fucked up electoral system gives them an absurd amount of control over the Federal government.

1 Like

Fair enough. It’s still beyond sad and disturbing.

1 Like

Trump remains immensely unpopular, it’s just Biden is best the opposition party can come up with on short notice (they’ve had four years to figure out what to do here).

8 years, really

Keep telling yourself that, I guess. But Trump is way more popular that he should be. The US is broken.

9 Likes

Presumably the purpose of your debate performance is not to show that you are still fit for independent living but to articulate a vision for the country and a plan to implement it. I wasn’t actually able to make through more than a few minutes of the debate but it is still pretty obvious that incoherent mumbling and gaffes actually did succeed in obscuring his total lack of interest or preoccupation in regards to the office he seeks. So that’s something I guess.

2 Likes

How about now? Polls still on ignore?

He’s for sure more popular than he should be, yet still managed to lose the popular vote back-to-back vs the worst candidates the Dems have ever fielded.

I agree.

4 Likes

Lol, I didn’t see this. Trump is easily the best known, most famous person to ever run for president. He may legitimately be the most famous person who has ever lived! There is no secret to leak out here, Jesus Christ. Biden is the one who normies hadn’t seen yet!

Biden is still more lucid than the average 82 year old. Its just that someone in that state has no business running for office or actually being president. Imagine how brutal he is going to be after 4 more years in some fantasy land where he doesn’t actually lose?

Also this is not some new thing for Biden. He was well into his decline in 2019/2020. That’s why he was losing the primary badly before the DNC interfered. I mean hell my avatar is from 2019 and is literally a shot at Biden’s fitness for office. This isn’t new it’s just gotten so bad now as to he completely impossible for the sycophants to deny it any longer.

4 Likes