2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

JD is going to be better at shamelessness and verbal gymnastics but nowhere close to having as good a grip on the issues and policy

1 Like

That and even if he articulates their “policies” well, their policies are shit. Defund Ukraine? Use the Justice Department for revenge? Do nothing on child care or health care? Just do a bunch of tariffs and hope everything falls into place? Walz needs to be able to frequently quote Project 2025 and tell Vance what his policies really are.

2 Likes

Not really sure how we would know unless someone here has watched his Minnesota debates (I haven’t). He got the VP nomination by barnstorming talk shows as an attack dog and then shut down (or was shut down) as soon as he was picked. As a matter of overall strategy perhaps that’s the correct move, and since this debate doesn’t matter I’m not going to really fret if he gets rolled - I also won’t improve my optimism for the race if he rolls Vance - but I make no assumption that he’s as good or better at the debating thing than 2012 Biden was.

1 Like

JD also doesn’t have Trumps mastery of bullshitting and bulldozing over other people. He also doesn’t have Trumps charisma.

But the media is still roughly 105% likely to declare him the winner tonight.

yeah I think this is actually good. Usually you don’t want to get wonky (Paul Ryan was definitely too wonky) but it can’t overstated just how repugnant Project 2025 is, people just fucking hate it so it’s good to remind them. And Walz is not a wonk so I think he can hammer it without getting in the weeds too much and losing everyone (like, this was pre-dementia Biden’s superpower, he knew everything about every policy proposal out there BUT he also knew how to talk about stuff like a normal human which is why he curbstombed paul ryan)

2 Likes

oh he can absolutely bulldoze, haven’t you seen him bully reporters? the problem is he’s just got off the charts negative rizz when he does it.

2 Likes

Cousin Tim just needs to come off as a regular guy and not screw up too badly.

Vance will have a hard time even acting like a normal human being.

5 Likes

https://x.com/60minutes/status/1841236651994915183?s=46

tldr: Trump pulls out of agreed-to interview. Harris will still be interviewed.

4 Likes

Time to send some of the at arms length surrogates out to call him a pussy who’s hiding in his basement.

3 Likes

I still thought he might reverse field on the refusal to debate a second time, but this seems like a significant tell that he won’t. The entire endgame strategy is to pour racism into a bullhorn and hope for the best.

Honestly I kind of doubt that calling him a pussy will amount to anything more than fan service, but it also can’t hurt.

Bold prediction:
Deplorables say Vance humiliated Tampon Tim
Sane people will point and snicker at the couch fucker
NYT: Both candidates had their moments

4 Likes

Wife worked at a chiropractic clinic that had a contract to treat the longshore men & women and regularly interacted with them. She said that without exception they all:

• Were nice but very weird people
  • Made six-figure wages
  • Had about a third-grade education
  • Were past or current drug addicts
1 Like

2 Likes

between that asshole and this, gonna be tough to stay with them for very long. is this right?!? no wonder they’re fighting automation

That would be pretty diabolical especially it it was one of those irreconcilable difference type of divorces where they just decided they both needed to get out. I’d almost feel sorry for him if he weren’t JD Vance.

https://x.com/ppollingnumbers/status/1841319861839863895?s=46

Harris killed it from offstage I guess.

9 Likes

Can someone explain to me what Walz’s explanation was? So he was in China or Hong Kong but it was not during that? How many months (?years) off was he?

Tiananmen Square was in April. I think Walz was in HK in August.

1 Like

The burning question on Americans minds. What month in the 80s was Tim Walz in Hong Kong? Thank you CBS.

9 Likes

That’s such an easy thing for him to diffuse. He should have done better with that.

5 Likes