2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

Why not both?

1 Like

Surely Trump has two or three burners

Perhaps sheā€™s no longer on the phone and sheā€™s just writing? Or itā€™s on speaker? I mean, do we really think Kamala Harris staged a photo to make it look like sheā€™s working? I know Trump does it, but thereā€™s absolutely zero reason to think Harris would. Thereā€™s an official photographer who takes pics of these sorts of things.

1 Like

I certainly wouldnā€™t think so normally, but the accuser in this case is pretty credible.

8 Likes

wolfy

LKJ

2 Likes

https://x.com/rowefinkbeiner/status/1840836186975187035?t=LAfrm3DZWRWYXtP7LlxhbQ&s=19

It could come down to the cat-people vote. What a world.

1 Like

https://x.com/dylanmatt/status/1840931949956763752

Biden showing unwavering support for unions. In response they will throw the election to Trump.

5 Likes

If Trump loses NC the result will be invalid because of the flooding and it will have to be decided by the gerrymandered NC state house.

1 Like

yeah it feels like we are absolutely gonna get a zombie resurgence of the independent state legislature theory somewhere, NC, GA or maybe WI?

100% this guy canā€™t define a cargo cult.

1 Like

Iā€™ve felt very confident Trump would lose until this week. Really starting to worry about all the bad news. The insane devastation in NC and surrounding areas, potentially another hurricane forming right now that might be bad again, this union strike, the escalation in Lebanon, etc. Iā€™m not saying any of these are Biden/Kamalaā€™s fault but this much negative stuff happening right before the election is starting to worry me. It canā€™t be good for the pseudo-incumbent.

5 Likes

At least when Trump wins heā€™ll fix everything within 2 weeks.

10 Likes

I mean, letā€™s call a spade a spade, the longshoremen are just legal organized crime. These jobs pay an outrageous amount and are passed down within families for generations. Letting them block automation at ports is fucking horseshit. Pull a Reagan and fire them.

Like, weā€™re gonna let this guy hold an economy hostage on the eve of an election? GTFO

https://x.com/dotybilly/status/1840959835103223872?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

https://x.com/indygerl/status/1840790393291682260?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

4 Likes

I wasnā€™t exactly confident before, but I am definitely less confident than I was. They were all over the place for a while but have picked their lane and are just hammering away at the racism and fascism and itā€™s resonating. The clips that horrify people on the left (ā€œSEND THEM BACKā€) are exactly their jam.

The first Trump win was against a historically bad candidate when he was still something of an unknown quantity. Then his presidency was a shitshow and Biden barely beat him. Now after four years of that, and him telegraphing that itā€™s going to be so much worse than his first term, an absolute shitload of people want him back. Even if we pull this election off itā€™s hard to be hopeful about the future as the radical right makes gains across the whole world. We are so much less evolved as a species than Iā€™d hoped.

6 Likes

Same except I havenā€™t felt all that confident. More hopeful at times, less atm. Too much happening, not much good. Now I hear Walz is lowering debate expectations. Cā€™mon man, get out there and kick Vance in the reproductive organs!

Iā€™m not sure the VP debate matters much but after all the trash Walz has talked about kicking JDā€™s ass he better deliver.

To be honest, Iā€™m confident that Trump is going to win. States have had four years to prepare to fudge the election to give Trump every single advantage possible. A coinflip election (which this seems to be) will be enough for Trump to take if not through election fuckery, then judge fuckery after the fact.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t matter even a little. There will be lots of analysis about what it means, then there will be people hand-wringing about how the media reacts, etc. Itā€™s all truly, truly meaningless noise, even though people canā€™t help themselves but to pretend otherwise.

Planning to watch anyway because some broken part of me will be too curious about what Iā€™m missing if I donā€™t turn it on. But the analysis shouldnā€™t go any further than ā€œis that fly seriously going to camp out there for 30 minutes?ā€

2 Likes

It is becoming increasingly apparent the guard rails protecting society from its worst instincts are gone. The media is at the top of the list, they have been a complete and total failure. Thereā€™s probably something to say here about private equity gutting local tv and print news, and the total failure of the legal system to enforce reasonable regulations. Separately, direct election of candidates via primaries has turned out to be quite bad, the founders did foresee this to their credit, and the smoke filled rooms would never have let this happen. But the absolute biggest failure of all is LOL LAW. These fucking people lectured the world about their brilliance and essential function then not only failed to stop this shit but are actively aiding and abetting it with horseshit like ā€œpresidents are immune for official acts including assassinating political rivals.ā€ Shit is bleak man. The only possible saving grace is Trump is lazy as fuck.

5 Likes

I canā€™t bring myself to read about the state level ratfuckery thatā€™s possible. Am I right to assume lawbros are telling us not to worry because of norms or whatever?

Hard to believe that say NC republicans donā€™t fold under the mildest pressure from Trump and just change the rules or claim that votes for Harris are actually ineligible because the ballots are possessed by demons or some crazy shit. Like I legit donā€™t know how possible this is and Iā€™m scared to learn more, but man letting the states be in charge of elections to this extent really seems like a huge flaw waiting to be exploited.

1 Like