2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

Biden was still much more on his game in 2020, and we felt like we need an avuncular calming hand. He really declined, at least his speaking cadence, in those 4 years.

1 Like

I’m not even sure Harris would be a better president than Biden. The vibes, though.

2 Likes

all these sports metaphors are all well and good, momentum, etc, but here’s where it stands right now:

3 Likes

Not that I have anything mirroring the confidence of some posters, I still think it’s a tough race ahead and my butt will remain clenched for 2.5 months…but I’m under the firm impression that political betting markets just aren’t anywhere near as sharp as sports betting markets. I keep an eye on them also for some silly reason, but I don’t think they’re a great measure of much of anything. They’re probably a little sharper than Allan Lichtman and his 13 keys or whatever the fuck, but that’s it.

Anyway, I don’t buy that the situation is as pessimistic as 50/50. But I also wouldn’t put her north of 60/40.

Cautiously optimistic for now. I don’t think Trump can steady the ship, he is too dumb and lazy, but a lot of powerful rich people are going to do everything they can to derail the vibes.

i thought we were going with GOOD VIBES, DAN?!?

1 Like

Oh shit 538 model is up and running sans Nate

2 Likes

I think they had Minhaj ready to go and then his quasi-scandal broke. They were caught off guard and backed into something that is working,

One thing that gives me hope is that so little of Republican politics in 2024 makes sense unless you are terminally online or plugged into Fox News 24/7. It’s why the weird attack works so well because anybody who understands even what Trump and Vance are referencing is a person who spends way too much of their life on Twitter.

2 Likes

I feel great!

19 Likes

yeah fuck all the other sports analogies, that says it perfectly.

3 Likes

Except there is some chance Trump accidentally mucks before the river

4 Likes

nice

God I feel so much worse than those percentages when I have A2 vs. QJ.

7 Likes

You guys are doing this wrong.

The response isn’t: Well Gee I guess its basically a coin flip

The response is: Donald Trump might have a 41% chance to win the election but he has a 100% chance of being a fuckin loser.

4 Likes

SOOTED!

1 Like

It’s tough. Electorally, America has been split virtually 50/50 between D/R since 2000 and almost nothing seems to shake that. Even when it’s the most absurd clonwy scumbag in modern politics vs.a reasonably competent opponent America is still about 50/50, maybe 55/45 D/R.

1 Like

It’s probably closer to A2o vs QJs lol

2 Likes

It’s only because the Dems cheated and swapped out listen here Jack with an Ace up their sleeve. Rigged!

Screenshot 2024-08-23 205847

7 Likes

This just popped up in my feed. I had almost forgotten about 'Ol DeJoy running the post office.