2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

I think their strategy is

1. Have cronies in charge of counting the votes or sanctioning the counting of the votes at the county or state level
  2. Raise “issues” after the vote and while counting is going on
  3. Don’t certify the vote by the state law deadline
  4. Throw it to the courts
  5. ?
  6. Profit!
4 Likes

I think a more apt comparison is being up 53 runs and having a great bowler out there, but they have two overs remaining and you just know you may end up losing on wickets.

1 Like

English only at the table.

22 Likes

this sounds like some radical marxist malarkey

5 Likes

Somebody should have stopped this sports discussion before I get into golf analogies. Because a political race against the right wing propaganda machine and Putin’s shenanigans is like playing the closing stretch at Carnoustie. A lot of nasty surprises lurking everywhere, even for the best players. And as much as we LOL at Jean Van de Velde that ending could happen to a lot of great golfers under the pressure.

As much as this election is existential for Trump, and I think Trump will be unable to rise to the moment, it is also kind of existential for Putin and I don’t know what he might be able to do. From Putin’s perspective a Trump win probably means victory in Ukraine, getting close to half the country if not all of it and Russians putting him down with some of their great autocrats of the past, while a Harris win probably means continued attrition until this impacts his regime the way Afghanistan impacted Brezhnev and his successors.

I expect nastiness, hacking, deep fakes and all other sorts of shit to muddy the waters and give the R voters who are turning away from Trump an excuse to turn back in early November. I think the grandmas who are like “yeah I’ll vote for Harris” at this moment can be won back over to Trump by an October surprise, even if it is fake news at the last moment as sort of happened with the Comey announcement.

1 Like

Of course he has tricks up his sleeve. I just don’t think he has any good ones, but they still might work.

Story checks out.

7 Likes

Here I thought LA was introducing cricket into the Olympics because of how popular the IPL is over there.

I’ll try and make it simpler for those who don’t like sports, you’re team had a hot start and is nearing an insurmountable lead heading into the tea break, but Putin poisoned the Earl Grey supply, however the CIA was able to partially foil the plot and stopped it from being delivered. However with no Earl Grey available your team will be forced to drink some pineapple infusion tea and there’s no telling how it will affect them the rest of the test.

Also you’re all out of clotted cream and are forced to use regular butter on your biscuits.

4 Likes

By ‘reproductive rights’ he means not allowing that Algerian boxer to box with other women.

1 Like

FYP

1 Like

https://x.com/ask_aubry/status/1826700782525190165?t=DWLVEu6EUe9qJhNBoFgEKQ&s=19

15 Likes

Too simple

Dems in November:

I feel for the guy because this is what I’d sound like if someone forced me to talk to people behind the counter instead me wanting minimizing my time in the store while wearing headphones and them wanting me out, but no one’s forcing him.

1 Like

That’s the second time he has been compared to a Vinny D character (the first being Private Pyle)

2 Likes

Got to be tough for all those Washington Post fact checkers who are now forced to rate anything that Democrats say about Trump and reproductive rights, except that they’ll be great under him, as false

1 Like

Did my first cricket analogy make any sense? I know nothing of the sport.

Yeah pretty good altho to lose on wickets I think the score has to be tied. 53 would be a lot in 2 overs especially if one of your bowlers is top notch but maybe if the other is shit and throws a ton of wides and no balls! (This is T20 off course not a proper Test Match)

2 Likes

C’mon how do you not use Pisarcik/Edwards for this? Damn kids always forget about the classics.

I came to post the same screenshot lol just gold

1 Like