2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

https://x.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1816942840779538749

FWIW, this is a 44-44-6-1-1 poll when the third parties are included, so Harris does improve when the third-party candidates are dropped from this one.

6 Likes

Have fun bro

I am eager to see just how bad Vance will be as a VP pick. Worse than or equal to Palin?

1 Like

:vince2:

2 Likes

Just an aside but Grindr usage went up in Milwaukee by 175% during the Republican convention.

Who knows. Not really a legal question as you point out.

But abortion is legal in a bunch of states currently, and nothing currently in place would prevent a national right to abortion.

Anyone knows how high it goes up during the DNC? Iā€™d expect a similar bump.

https://x.com/umichvoter/status/1816957417835356254?s=46

7 Likes

So basically weā€™re not going to sleep for a few days after the election while they count votes.

2 Likes

In my mind trump now hates Vance with a burning passion and will talk to him even less than pence.

17 Likes

Kinda doubt heā€™s catching Palin. Being off-putting and extreme probably canā€™t compete with being incompetent and extreme, and for all the bad Vance brings, heā€™s not going to trip on a question like ā€œname any newspaper.ā€

McCainā€™s age seemed like it made it a more credible threat to people that she would actually become POTUS too. Yes, McCain was six years younger then than Trump is today. But the aesthetic cheats Trump uses have been invaluable in not really letting the public fixate on ā€œoldā€ as a defining trait of his. McCainā€™s disability made him seem even older than he was.

1 Like

2 Likes

Grindr will likely announce those results during/after the dem convention. I expect it will go up as well.

On the other hand, McCain was very likely losing anyway.

If VP candidates matter (and Iā€™m not sure how much - or even if - they do), Vance might be worse from a win probability added perspective.

1 Like

I kinda think hers will continue to improve

I do agree with this. Purely from a results-based perspective, McCain was throwing a hail mary into triple coverage instead of just dinking it downfield to start a hook and ladder that works out basically never. This Vance pick just looks like a totally unforced error from a position of relative strength.

1 Like

Vance is definitely a stupid pick, and whether intentional or not it worked out well for Biden to wait to drop out until after the RNC.

I would also add that the next 4 years particularly matter on climate action.

This is not a ā€œso long as we get thereā€ problem.

Itā€™s a ā€œhow fast do we accelerate and when do we startā€ problem.

4 years of backwards from Trump has a significant chance of changing whether we stay below 2 or start hitting irreversible tipping points and pushing on to 3 or 4 or 5.

5 Likes