2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

I dont think this is likely. There’s a big difference between remembering the thing someone just said or the start of your sentence and forming views on big ticket items over time.

this keeps going down what the hell is wrong with everyone. how has he not stepped down yet?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/1814518382425002361

3 Likes

This is what you were accused of

This was your response

And this is you pretending not to be talking out of both sides of your mouth

You don’t get to call positive social advancements great while simultaneously supporting a party who’s main focus is trying to dismantle these advancements

1 Like

Either I’m not communicating clearly or you are not making an effort to properly understand what I’m saying (or both).

I’ll try one more time:

If you please look at the post I was responding to that lead to this exchange, I was doing nothing more (and nothing less) than illustrating how religion and churches have been a catalyst for major social and political change. The specific topic was about separation of church and state, not whether or not the civil rights movement was or was not a success or not. I wasn’t attempting to initiate a debate about the civil rights movement.

Anyhoo I hope I have made myself clear.

Have a grateful day!

addendum: I’m not trying to dodge the topic. If you want we can discuss the merits and demerits of the civil rights movement in the appropriate thread. Let me know. Thanks.

lagtight spends his days trying to brainwash other people because he really enjoyed being brainwashed himself. Let’s not overcomplicate things.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us, WichitaDM. You are a valuable member of the UP community, and I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say I look forward to reading more from you in the very near future.

They’re not really trying, are they?

“Part of the reasoning driving this plan is to remain aligned with the democratic process, since it would replace the decision of Dem primary voters.”

LOL

What decision by what voters?

I probably feel the same way about my Republican Party that many folks here do about their Democrat Party: I agree with most of what the GOP stands for, but disagree with other things. I have made it very clear in several posts that I oppose the mass deportation of illegal aliens, for example.

And I think some of the social “achievements” of the Civil Rights Movement were downright evil: particularly the idea that a woman should have a right to kill her unborn baby. In my opinion, that idea is demonic. I’m certainly in favor of “rolling back” that so-called “achievement.”

Other than giving obscenely wealthy people tax breaks, mass deportations, and rolling back rights, can you name one thing the GOP has stood for these last 8 years?

It’s my bad that it didn’t even occur to me the reason you sometimes struggle justifying conflicting views is because you’re a religious Christian, but you’re Republican, so of course you are

What about a women’s right to make decisions regarding her own body? Is that demonic to you? Do you feel that as a male, you should get to dictate what choices she has when it comes to giving birth? What if she was brutally raped?

I guess it depends how far down the religious rabbit hole you are. Does life begin at the moment of conception according to you? Does a clump of cells which are no more a human being than the ones you could scratch off your nose fighting an itch, constitute an individual life?

I think these are all questions you should be able to definitely answer if you’re going to tell women what choices they’re allowed to make when it comes to their healthcare. Not to mention possibly condemning them, and the child you’re forcing upon them, to a life of poverty. After all, Republicans certainly don’t care about feeding or caring for a life once born and out of the womb, lest they’d be agreeing to welfare handouts, right?

1 Like

From the Preamble of the 2024 Republican Party Platform:

To make clear our commitment, we offer to the American people the 2024 GOP Platform to Make America Great Again! It is a forward-looking Agenda that begins with the following twenty promises that we will accomplish very quickly when we win the White House and Republican Majorities in the House and Senate.

1. SEAL THE BORDER, AND STOP THE MIGRANT INVASION
  2. CARRY OUT THE LARGEST DEPORTATION OPERATION IN AMERICAN HISTORY
  3. END INFLATION, AND MAKE AMERICA AFFORDABLE AGAIN
  4. MAKE AMERICA THE DOMINANT ENERGY PRODUCER IN THE WORLD, BY FAR!
  5. STOP OUTSOURCING, AND TURN THE UNITED STATES INTO A MANUFACTURING SUPERPOWER
  6. LARGE TAX CUTS FOR WORKERS, AND NO TAX ON TIPS!
  7. DEFEND OUR CONSTITUTION, OUR BILL OF RIGHTS, AND OUR FUNDAMENTAL FREEDOMS, INCLUDING FREEDOM OF SPEECH, FREEDOM OF RELIGION, AND THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS
  8. PREVENT WORLD WAR THREE, RESTORE PEACE IN EUROPE AND IN THE MIDDLE EAST, AND BUILD A GREAT IRON DOME MISSILE DEFENSE SHIELD OVER OUR ENTIRE COUNTRY – ALL MADE IN AMERICA
  9. END THE WEAPONIZATION OF GOVERNMENT AGAINST THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
  10. STOP THE MIGRANT CRIME EPIDEMIC, DEMOLISH THE FOREIGN DRUG CARTELS, CRUSH GANG VIOLENCE, AND LOCK UP VIOLENT OFFENDERS
  11. REBUILD OUR CITIES, INCLUDING WASHINGTON DC, MAKING THEM SAFE, CLEAN, AND BEAUTIFUL AGAIN.
  12. STRENGTHEN AND MODERNIZE OUR MILITARY, MAKING IT, WITHOUT QUESTION, THE STRONGEST AND MOST POWERFUL IN THE WORLD
  13. KEEP THE U.S. DOLLAR AS THE WORLD’S RESERVE CURRENCY
  14. FIGHT FOR AND PROTECT SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE WITH NO CUTS, INCLUDING NO CHANGES TO THE RETIREMENT AGE
  15. CANCEL THE ELECTRIC VEHICLE MANDATE AND CUT COSTLY AND BURDENSOME REGULATIONS
  16. CUT FEDERAL FUNDING FOR ANY SCHOOL PUSHING CRITICAL RACE THEORY, RADICAL GENDER IDEOLOGY, AND OTHER INAPPROPRIATE RACIAL, SEXUAL, OR POLITICAL CONTENT ON OUR CHILDREN
  17. KEEP MEN OUT OF WOMEN’S SPORTS
  18. DEPORT PRO-HAMAS RADICALS AND MAKE OUR COLLEGE CAMPUSES SAFE AND PATRIOTIC AGAIN
  19. SECURE OUR ELECTIONS, INCLUDING SAME DAY VOTING, VOTER IDENTIFICATION, PAPER BALLOTS, AND PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP
  20. UNITE OUR COUNTRY BY BRINGING IT TO NEW AND RECORD LEVELS OF SUCCESS

LOL

1 Like

[quote=“Cactus, post:3615, topic:10626, full:true”]

Of course. :grinning:

No.

It depends on what those choices are. And it has nothing to do with whether or not I am a male or female.

In my opinion, all rapes are “brutal.” In my opinion, the brutality of rape is only compounded when it also results in the death of the unborn baby.

I guess. :grinning:

You’re asking excellent questions that I am happy to answer. It’s 3:43 AM here in beautiful Orange County, California. I’ll have to answer your remaining questions later today.

Have a grateful day!

https://x.com/AdamJSmithGA/status/1814723038564192535?t=g52DfrAf3c0VTDp4C6tyLw&s=19

5 Likes

She prosecuted sex offenders… He is one.

That’s a good line.

7 Likes

How can he be owned by the banks if he lives such an extravagant lifestyle? Chessmate, libs. Also he is doing this selflessly, for us. He could just go live a rich and free life if he wanted, without all this. This isn’t the very thing that’s keeping him free and in a private jet, nope. No way.

1 Like

Biden is running because dems only lose. They are the best losers in the world. Even when they win (by accident) they turn it into a lose.

https://x.com/aaronblake/status/1814980576681590908?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

1 Like

If my parents weren’t alive, I’d start doing heroin/fentanyl on November 5