2024 US Presidential Election (Taylor's Version)

I really don’t get why a messy convention fight would be all that damaging. They already look like like clowns, it will look embarrassing for a week and then the news will move on to whatever nonsense Trump is getting up to.

5 Likes

Well then you’re in luck, because they don’t enjoy the benefits of citizenry in any meaningful way.

And “enter our country illegally” is a thorny issue. 40% are overstays of valid visas. Another big chunk arrived as children—roughly 10-20%. Many of them in turn have children who are US citizens, and are much more inexpensively and effectively cared for by leaving their families in tact.

Besides that, the undocumented population is down around 20% in the last 15ish years.

Moreover, stricter enforcement at the border has all sorts of unintended consequences. It discourages people who are here illegally from ever going home in the first place since they have the perception they can never come back. And booting migrants immediately to Mexico (which is all we have the resources to do) encourages individuals to try over and over again until they succeed—that’s largely why crossings balloon while the actual undocumented population stagnates.

3 Likes

I don’t think Kamala can beat Trump!

Whitmer/Eavers would be a great ticket

Two very popular governors in swing states. I have no idea how that could happen or how it polls but I like both of them and this would make very happy. Like I would donate money happy.

I also like Wes Moore but he is kind of a new comer and doesn’t seem ready or interested. I think Adam Schiff would make a good president but the right has made him a boogey man so maybe not the best choice.

Either way, Trump is winning the election and it won’t be close.

But at least with anyone other than Biden, you don’t have to vote for a withered husk of a man who isn’t capable of running a dishwasher, let alone the United States. So, moral victory!

1 Like

Don’t think that’s true at all

5 Likes

Looks like a great opportunity for you to make lots of $$$ by betting on Mr. Trump to win the election.

I imagine a lot of us will, like usual.

1 Like

13 Likes

And I disagree with those two planks if they are as you describe. (And I have no reason to doubt you.)

This video

https://x.com/nickyscatz/status/1814077527754756393?s=46

3 Likes

Not to mention a big reason why there are so many illegal immigrants in the centuries long destabilization efforts of the US government in nearly every central and South American nation.

It is like lighting your neighbours house on fire and being pissed your garage gets singed.

2 Likes

This is at your party’s convention

You stand on corners and preach about Jesus? This is indefensible for anyone, but you vote for that and then try to tell other people that they should be good?

7 Likes

I’ve made it clear in several posts that I oppose mass deportations.

Who you vote for really won’t change anything in California, but for your own sake, don’t defile yourself by voting for Trump.

3 Likes

Actually, I tell people that they should be good, but that we can’t be good, which is why we all need Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.

“As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one.” (Romans 3:10)

“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)

“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”. (Romans 6:23)

“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein you stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.” (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me.” (John 14:6)

“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13)

I can’t locate the dislike button

14 Likes

4 Likes
  1. Dean Phiilps. I think he won a grand total of 4 delegates, so he deserves the runner up prize.

2. Macklemore. Was early on the Never Biden train and his thoughts on Palestine would really bring the party together at this delicate moment.

3 Likes

I got Machine Gun Kelly over Macklemore, but it’s close.

3 Likes

You are in a cult. It’s a free country, but keep your harmful bullshit away from kids, and stop trying to use the courts and legislatures try force it on all of us

11 Likes