2024 NFL Gameday Thread

that was Chiefs level riggage right there

The facemask against the Giant who was having his facemask tugged the whole play was a gem earlier in the quarter, too.

Huh. They picked up a flag against the cowboys.

At least they did it right away instead of walking off the penalty, then we come back from commercial and they’ve undone it.

In a playoff game. In a key spot in the game.

IMG_1982

What’s next? Are they going to botch a tackle eligible play and call a penalty?

Cowboys suck

But Aubrey GOAT

Who is a better kicker of the ball?

• Aubrey
  • Alexander-Arnold
0 voters

All right I think if guys are regularly making 60 yarders we need to move the goalposts back 10 yards.

If a touchback goes to the 30 now, you need 27 yards to get into scoring position.

Touchbacks should go to 35 and players should also be moved up 5 yards from where they are currently. Kicking team will have a lot more incentive to kick it in the landing zone.

This is simple. Just move the kicker back again. In the 90s the kicker kicked from the 30. That’s 70 yards to the goal line. Kickers were just blasting away at the ball and I don’t know where the average kick landed but it was probably right around the goal line.

The NFL moved it up to the 35 to encourage more touchbacks to prevent concussions. Returns basically stopped.

Move it back to where the average kicker can’t just blast it off into the end zone anymore. That will force them to drop it in the landing zone and get more returns. You could even go back to the 25 yard line if you wanted.

How about the opposing team gets to pick the kickoff kicker when down by like 10+? Red rover style. It might be stupid enough to work.

Stop them Dallas come on

Stupid cowboys

1 Like

Injuries, flags and field goals. The NFL is FAN-tastic!

Aubrey GOAT (for preserving a Giants +5.5 cover)

Cowboys are fucking terrible. Holy shit, they don’t even have the excuse that the Niners and Rams have of being IRed to hell and back

So what you’re saying is that you want more concussions?

I’m mostly joking, but I think that is the position that the NFL finds themselves in. They want more returns AND fewer concussions. Not really possible. The result of the attempt is the loltastic kickofff system that was just adopted.

NFL fans don’t care about concussions on kickoffs because those happen to backup players.

Yah nobody cares about concussions except as they relate to their fantasy players.

I don’t think we need to limit it to fantasy. I think we can be sure AF, that suzzer cares very much about Mahomes getting concussed whether he’s on suzzer’s roster or not.

Yes and no. Mahomes getting knocked out of this week’s game due to concussion isn’t really that big of a deal. They’d still probably beat the Chargers depending on when it happened, and he’d be like 90% to play next week. And 100% to play in 2 weeks, and the Chiefs are gonna be fine for the playoffs either way. Obv if it happens in the Super Bowl he cares a lot more.

But, if it cost him a loss in fantasy, that’s a bigger issue ldo since he’s probably not 100% to make the playoffs.