2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

Meanwhile in San Francisco

Lowkey goated

Also that Drake rap is better than real Drake

Burning up like a weed-filled blunt

1 Like

I thought it had been shown that most “government waste” stories were exaggerations or outright bullshit

It has. The waste stories that are true, all involve contractors paid by the government. My dad worked for a government contractor, and all the waste he saw shaped his political views. No matter how many times I tried to talk with him about how he was seeing private businesses subsidized by taxes, not a government organization running on tax dollars.

Trip Report: Flying, 20 Years Later

As Elon has previously observed about aerospace, there’s been very little real progress. New things I noticed include mobile check-in and boarding passes, face-scanning technology, bomb/drug sniffing dogs roaming the airport, and visual verification of de-icing procedures by a member of the flight crew (though this could just be an attempt to reassure the passengers by parading a white man).

These sniffling, coughing, sneezing MFers are not wearing masks.

Still the same: expensive coffee, flight delays, and long lay-overs for the poor. And don’t try to sleep at the gate at LAS. Warning: audio is realistically loud and annoying.

1 Like

22 Likes

https://twitter.com/brockskretting/status/1754319534625104020?t=4kENOchx_VPlQ6SKfIuMIw&s=19

8 Likes

That was good.

Tracy Chapman hasn’t aged a day apparently. In retrospect that song is a perfect country song.

3 Likes

I’m not even a fan of winter generally but getting ready for winter carnival in Lake Placid this weekend and its gonna be 45 degrees which seems sad.

I bought a radio recently bc apparently I’m 80… really wanted the weather band. It is surprisingly comforting … tinny, digital, static-y voice giving weather updates on repeat … seems like it has not changed in forever tho the voice has gotten some upgrades over the years

1 Like

To really freak the youngsters out you should call it “My Marconi Device”

2 Likes

https://www.weather.gov/nwr/automatevoice

I just had an Elon-level genius thought about how it’s better to be an hourly worker than a salaried worker because hourly workers get paid more on leap years.

3 Likes

Fascism’s tailoring game has gone downhill

https://twitter.com/broderly/status/1754532916657258775?t=6Djpp6E5bm6y8JrlChuyhA&s=19

8 Likes

The roar of a motor ripped Jack Enright’s attention away from the waves he was videoing under a cloudless blue sky. He yanked his camera out of the ocean to refocus it on whatever was speeding towards him.

“I thought it was just a fishing boat … but then I saw it flooring it towards the shoreline, and it looked like it was literally coming directly at me,” Enright told CNN. “You could hear it flying up the beach and hitting the sand.”

And then, just before 10 a.m. last Tuesday, he recorded as several people emerged from the craft, jumped over its side and sprinted toward the luxury beachside homes in La Jolla, north of San Diego, California.

@Mr_Unstoppable, this might be what you saw last week?

That was actually a different one, about a half mile from where I saw mine. According to my time tracking app I left the area at 9:49 that morning, didn’t see anything until a surfer I know posted it to his Instagram story a few hours later.

Here is the video from Jack, in the story you posted

Right in front of Mitt Romney’s old house famous for its “car elevator”

Just heard that King Charles has cancer. Not sure how bad it is, but I felt the need to look up who was next in the line of succession. Was really hoping it was Mr. Bean or that guy from the baking show, but it is just his oldest son. Boring.

2 Likes

Paul Hollywood or Noel Fielding?

2 Likes

A few years ago we couldn’t decide what to watch so we did the Netflix random selection and it chose The Great British Baking Show. We laughed it off like wtf but watched anyway. I am now addicted as hell to that show. Absolutely love it

1 Like