2024 LC Thread: Name That Tune

5 Likes

Someone for the love of god explain to me people who back into their stalls at the grocery store! The fucking grocery store. Itā€™s legit serial killer behavior.

2 Likes

does stalls mean parking spaces? for me, its usually because of the angle where its easier to reverse park.

There is a legit argument that it is safer/easier. I donā€™t do it but I understand why other people do.

1 Like

I back in almost everywhere, but if itā€™s a crowded parking lot I donā€™t expect the people behind me to magically know my intentions.

You never know when youā€™ll need to make a quick escape! Also as said above, itā€™s generally easier.

Even serial killers gotta go to the grocery store, man.

No chance itā€™s easier. Nobody on earth backs in faster than they can pull in straight. Itā€™s ends up taking 5 times as long and blocks the lane the whole time.

3 Likes

Pro move is to find two lengthwise adjoining spots and pull through forward

6 Likes

People backing in anywhere when Iā€™m behind them enrages me, fuck you man just park

1 Like

Backing in is asshole behavior if itā€™s a busy parking lot.

Pulling through is dangerous if itā€™s a busy parking lot.

1 Like

I donā€™t parallel park much because I can sense the rage.

1 Like

Backing in in a grocery store lot makes even less sense as itā€™s much harder to load your shit into the trunk upon leaving.

1 Like

Thereā€™s some merit to the idea, especially if you drive a vehicle with a back up cam.

Backing out of a parking spot is precarious, no matter who careful you are.

2 Likes

Exactly!

Some people definitely think itā€™s easier.

The time saved pulling into a parking spot might be lost while backing out.

I put my groceries in the backseat.

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure the actuaries say itā€™s much safer to back into parking spaces. I never do it.

Backing out sucks because I drive a small car, I usually have no idea if there is traffic coming. If someone doesnā€™t see my backup lights and is close to my side of the lane, Iā€™m hitting him. Driver or pedestrian. I prefer pulling through, I never back in for the reasons given.

I like parking lots with slanted stalls.

1 Like

Are we really saying stalls now, lol.

Feels like I have to mention that intelligent peeps always park on the perimeter, away from the idiots.

2 Likes

+1

If the parking lot is quiet when Iā€™m parking, backing in is a freeroll because itā€™s super easy to back in, but if the parking lot is busy when Iā€™m leaving it will be much easier to exit the space.

1 Like